Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40425 - 02/07/01 02:03 PM Moving to Spain
Zitrop Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA USA
I just got back from a trip to Spain and fell in love with everything and I now want to move there this fall. I had no idea it was going to be difficult. I have been thinking of taking TOEFL courses here to increase my chances of finding employment there, but I dont know if that is a good idea or not. I have talked to many people who have had different ideas about how to go about this but no one has been able to give me valuable and encouraging information. Can anyone help me out with information about how to go about this because I am clueless and dont even know where to begin.
Thank you.

#40426 - 02/07/01 02:25 PM Re: Moving to Spain
Sol Offline

As I am sure, MM will shortly inform you, please use the search function (upper right of page).

Tons of info already posted.

When you have read your fill, perhaps specific questions will occur to you.

Sol

#40427 - 02/07/01 03:27 PM Re: Moving to Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sheesh! Looks like I'm not longer needed with people like you, Sol. <sniff! sniff!> hehehe... Yeah! What Sol Said! LOTS of that already posted. And I mean LOTS! (did I say there were lots?)

Saludos, MadridMan

(P.S. Not to get off track <please don't>, but a little congratulations to Sol for reaching full MEMBER status!! )

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40428 - 02/07/01 03:42 PM Re: Moving to Spain
Sol Offline

MM-

da nada

gracias

Sol

#40429 - 02/24/01 10:20 PM Re: Moving to Spain
cantabene Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD, USA
Im always intrigued by people who, having visited Spain as a tourist, express the wish to go back and work there. From what I have observed, Spain is very much like an onion. There is a new layer beneath every one you peel off.

I've observed that the working layer can be quite different from the tourist layer. It would be revealing to have the impressions of anyone who has, after visiting Spain, succeeded in going back to work there.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced that and would like to share reactions?
Cantabene

#40430 - 02/27/01 01:50 AM Re: Moving to Spain
seul6 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca.
Zitrop...
A good resource book for you is Living andWorking in spain by David Hampshire. I'm sure you can get the 2000 edition right here.(Hey, MM, how 'bout that for a plug, huh?)
It's not encouraging either for people who wants to work in Spain, especially if one does not come from an EU country. Regardless, you would want to get the facts straight. Also try expat.com, a web geared mostly for Brits, but you might get some answers there too.

#40431 - 02/27/01 08:33 AM Re: Moving to Spain
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Isn't that book by David Searle? If not, there's one by him that has a very similar title, possibly just Living In Spain, which is also very good. He's the lawyer who used to (still does?) write in Lookout magazine.

I tried expat.com, seul6, but just got a page about Ultranet Communications. Can you check the address, as I wouldn't mind a peep at it.

#40432 - 02/28/01 03:33 AM Re: Moving to Spain
seul6 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca.
Anchovy Front...

It's www.expataccess.com

Zitrop.....

Here's another one for you..
www.tefl.com
suerte

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments