Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40245 - 07/28/00 07:41 AM Would this be a way to get a visa?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Hi,
MadridMan has a very good opportunity to get a visa, how? he could marry his Spanish ladyfriend. Problem? She doesn't believe in the Istitution of Matrimony so she doesn't want to get marry. Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there is a law in Spain that says that all "parejas de hecho" (meaning couples that live together and have the "marriage life" withouth getting married) have the same rights than the couples that are married. You have to go to the "Registro Civil" fill out some papers and for the law is like if you were married. Now, I guess that if you are a "pareja de hecho" you should be able to get a visa like if you were married because you have the same rights than a married couple. Does this make any sense?

#40246 - 07/28/00 08:45 AM Re: Would this be a way to get a visa?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
We've considered this so I could get the work visa. I agree this would be the easiest way to be legally able to search for work; actually GETTING a job would be another story itself. But it's not only the institution of matrimony that she doesn't agree with. She doesn't want to sign any official documents of any kind for any reason... Unless it's to open a bank account . I think it's a little extreme, but these are her wishes and I respect them.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40247 - 07/28/00 11:58 AM Re: Would this be a way to get a visa?
Nuria Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Well, I didn't believe in matrimony that much either (until I met my husband ) but it is a good way to get the visa. I mean if the Institution of the Matrimony doesn't have any meaning for you but it can help you to get something that you want so bad, why don't do it? I can understand your ladyfriend because maybe for her the act of getting married in order to get a benefit is like if she agreed with the Institution. Well, I have to say that I don't like to sign any paper either but sometimes you have to in order to get nice things. But if she really believe she is doing the right thing, good for her!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments