Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#40166 - 08/03/00 02:35 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello Ena! I'm glad you took my email invitation (to your email) to visit MadridMan's Message Board to help your job search. I hope some might have suggestions, but you may want to first read through the other threads in this forum. There's LOTS of information there. Your first priority should be learning how to obtain a work visa and not just looking for a job. As I told you in the email, "Just going with hopes of finding a job" is extremely difficult and will most find yourself disappointed in the end. Prepare yourself for a true journey and arm yourself with information to improve your chances. Best of luck!

Sincerely, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40167 - 08/10/00 01:24 AM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
Rubia66 Offline

Loc: Webb City, Missouri USA
Did anyone ever get any information on the Citicorp positions?
I am slowly considering a move to Spain as a career choice, my youngest is 10, and I will probably not do anything until he is out of school, unless ofcourse, the right job presents itself.
I too have a degree, in Foreign Language (Spanish, hah, big surprise!) you would think there would be a huge demand for such a skill in Missouri!

#40168 - 09/02/00 02:15 PM Re: how 2 find a job 4 a professional in spain?
cjl Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hi all job-seekers,

I've just finished a six month job search in Europe and landed a position with Lucent Technologies in Tres Cantos (Madrid). A few suggestions for looking for a job in Europe, thus Spain.

1. Forget statistics! Umemployment is high in Spain, but that is not universal to all industries. Hi-Tech firms can't get enough people! Hewlett Packard in Barcelona is constantly looking for people. Let the companies turn you down...you don't need to do it for them.

2. Use the net..and headhunters..even if you don't have a lot of experience. The best websites I've found to post resumes and get results: www.monster.com www.headhunters.net
(Check if Spain has its own Monster site.) www.emdsnet.com is excellent for those younger professionals with up to 5 years experience! They also sponsor job fairs in Iberia and Europe in general...Hewlett Packard, Lucent and others are very active participants.

3. Mention to anyone you meet in strange way that you are looking to work in Spain. I got two interviews in Southern Europe by simply speaking to the person next to me in the plane on my way to an interview in London. The world works in mysterious ways!

Good luck!!!
cjl

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments