Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#83550 - 01/07/09 04:52 AM Re: BEWARE OF TRAIN STATIONS [Re: MadridMan]
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
Quote:
I always try to "hook" or "wrap" the straps of my bags around other bags or around some immovable object like a table leg or chair.

Saludos, MadridMan

when in Barcelona 4yrs ago whilst ina restaurant my wife wrapped her bag around the chair leg, and whilst chatting laughing 3 youths sat behind us to have a meal, minuetes later they had cut the strap off the bag and were away luckily she had nothing of value in the bag (although she will tell you differant because all her makeup had gone

Edited by MadridMan (01/07/09 12:18 PM)
Edit Reason: malformed quoted text

#83881 - 02/22/09 02:39 PM Re: BEWARE OF TRAIN STATIONS [Re: Valenciano_en_Madrid]
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Its been almost 2 years since me and my family moved from Madrid to Hawaii, but in the 3 years we lived there, we had several friends get their purses and wallets stolen. My wife was on the METRO and actually caught a womans hand in her purse taking her wallet, after screaming at the woman, she ran off the train at the next exit. We lived in a nice suburb in Majadahonda and several of our friends had burglers either attempt to break in or did break in. One friend had a safe in their Master Bedroom that they kept nothing in, but the thieves spent hours trying to open the safe and did a lot of damage to the room in their attempt. Living here in Honolulu is no different.....Big Cities have big crime problems, just have to be vigilent.

#83882 - 02/22/09 03:38 PM Re: BEWARE OF TRAIN STATIONS [Re: MedicalMan]
Yankaluz Offline

Loc: SoCal, USA
A big safe with nothing in it?

Hmmm, sounds like a great decoy, a deterrent of source, if only rigged to summon the cops it'd be an ideal trap.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments