Topic Options
#39914 - 08/20/07 06:09 AM Re: Airports
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
Jan D
just found this

Hand baggage restrictions
In brief, passengers are now permitted to carry ONE item of cabin baggage through the airport security search point. The cabin bag should be no bigger than 45cm wide x 35cm long x 16cm deep (17.7" wide × 13.7" long × 6.2" deep), including wheels, handles, side pockets - equivalent to a small laptop bag or rucksack.

http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/2006/08/terror-alert-causing-chaos-at-spanish.html

#39915 - 08/20/07 09:32 AM Re: Airports
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Hi billy the man.
Thanks. I'm still though trying to find more up to date info.
Did you see what sort of controls were in place in Malaga on your return?
I'm asumming Spanish airports are still implementing the liquids rule ( everything in one clear bag).
() / ()

#39916 - 08/20/07 10:05 AM Re: Airports
billy the man Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Bolton England
i assume they are still implementing the liquid rule (we were never checked) we were scrutinized at Manchester and yes everything in a clear plastic bag,if you are travelling as a pair you could take hand luggage each which would cut down on suitcase weight there were four of us each with hand luggage (or should i say being the only male in the party ic carried four lots of hand luggage help

#39917 - 08/21/07 04:44 AM Re: Airports
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Jan, the official Website of AENA, the public company that manages all the Spanish Aiports is this one . There you should have all the official information you need, in English.

#39918 - 08/21/07 05:54 PM Re: Airports
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Torrales, Thankyou, Thankyou. :jump:
Just what I was looking for !!
Here's the relevant info that I've been searching for.

"In addition to the luggage checked into the hold, passengers can take on board one or two small, light items as hand luggage, such as: umbrellas, handbags, briefcases, cameras, laptop computers, shopping bags, etc."
() / ()

#39919 - 10/24/07 03:02 PM Re: Airports
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
Barcelona - Airport Security - Impossible!!
Just returned from a fabulous visit in Spain. The only reason I might hesitate in returning was the security gate at Terminal A in Barcelona at 10:00 a,m on Monday, October 15, 2007. The site was designed to hold only a few travelers. There were three times as many people that the space could hold. The escalators leading to the inspection were full of travelers, each having to "step down" the escalators as they continued to try to move people upwards to the crowded area. The inspectors were of no asssitance. Several lines were in fact closed, even though it was 10 am in the morning. The level of professional quality of those employees left much to be desired.
In spite of the above, I will travel again to Spain, but this time leave through a different airport.

#39920 - 10/25/07 09:43 AM Re: Airports
Pete Woodman Offline

Loc: Isle of Man
Barajas was really quick last Friday afternoon when we went through. The worst airport for the whole holiday was, as usual, Ronaldsway (Isle of Man) on the way out, where they always make every passenger take off their belt and shoes as well as all the usual stuff. I suppose the security staff have to justify their existence (and their overtime payments) somehow.

#39921 - 10/26/07 09:27 AM Re: Airports
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Recently I passed through Madrid Barajas Airport on my way to Geneva Switzerland . I'd arrived at about 8am and the airport was largely empty. The passport control booth line was short and they checked my passport carefully and stamped it. The security line was also as short as I'd ever seen it, maybe 4 people ahead of me. And I didn't have to take off my shoes either - just my belt. One check-in counter, not sure which one, did have about 200 people waiting in line though but no one else. Must have been some problem with the flight.

The Geneva Airport in Switzerland, nice and small, was also quick on a weekday afternoon. I had no problems. They hardly looked at my passport as I went through security. In fact, I don't think they looked at it at all except to check the nationality.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39922 - 10/26/07 01:48 PM Re: Airports
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
MadridMan,

Last week I flew to New York and back and although New York was really nice, air travel stinks here in the U.S. Shoes, belt, no water, a machine that puffs air, chaos and lack of instructions while in line.

Unfortunately, it will be a long time before I go on another trip by air. I can't help but remember a time when air travel was really fun and if not, convenient. Now it's really a hassle.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments