Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3987 - 04/08/02 07:03 PM credit cards and hostals...
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I know all hostals are different, but in general, do you give them your credit card info when you reserve, and they then charge you for the first night, and you pay for the rest when you check out? One more question... Does anybody know if it would be a problem to make the initial reservation with one card, and then use another (someone else's card) upon checkout? Thanks! smile

#3988 - 04/08/02 07:27 PM Re: credit cards and hostals...
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I've stayed in several hostals and have typically given my credit card info before arrival. Yet I've never been charged for any of the nights until the end of my stay. And I can't imagine it would be a problem to pay with a different card. The most important thing, I suppose, is that you pay!--whose card you use wouldn't seem to matter.

#3989 - 04/08/02 09:14 PM Re: credit cards and hostals...
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I've confirmed my arrival with one card and paid with another on several occasions. Just indicate when you check in that you want to pay with another card--and then keep an eye on your statements to be sure the first card wasn't charged in error.

And remember, if you're confirming via e-mail, sending your credit card info may not be all that wise!!
Tara

#3990 - 04/11/02 01:05 AM Re: credit cards and hostals...
j3 Offline

When needing to e-mail credit card info in a non-secure way, I split it between two different e-mails, (first half of the number in the first e-mail, second half in the next) and advise the hotel of what I'm doing. They've always accepted it, and I've never had a number stolen.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1766 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments