Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#39866 - 12/30/06 05:22 AM ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
News (in Spanish) on attack on T4 Barajas

Well it seems as though it was a waste of time talking to the Basque separatists after all. Many (like me I'm afraid) thought it was worthwhile making the effort. Now Zapatero will be heavily criticised for his peace measures.

#39867 - 12/30/06 06:37 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
MedicalMan Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I just seen this a few minutes ago. What a shame. Thankfully no one was killed but it looks like it was a powerful car bomb from the smoke and debris. I think all of us living here in Madrid need to start thinking about security again.

#39868 - 12/30/06 09:48 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ETA: "Game On!" So much for the ceasefire.

Quote:
Well it seems as though it was a waste of time talking to the Basque separatists after all.
It's NEVER a waste of time to talk. Without communication there will NEVER be understanding. Imagine if your spouse habitually threw out your cherished baseball cards or Seasons 1-3 DVDs of Desperate Housewives while you were at work. Would you NOT talk to that "Bad Spouse" to try to understand why (s)he hates baseball or beautiful, femme-fatal housewives?

I assume ETA "phoned in the bomb" before detonating it as usual.

STOP THE INSANITY BUT CONTINUE COMMUNICATING!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39869 - 12/30/06 03:49 PM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
Estopa1 Offline

Loc: Madrid
I respect all opinions but I am sorry to be on disagreement with MadridMan. ETA will always keep try killing because they will never get the independence of the Pais Vasco from Spain. It is as simple as that. ETA just uses the cease fire periods to rearm, steal exploxives, etc. ETA did that in 1998 already during the first cease fire and it is doing it now again.

Besides, what is the Government supposedly talking with ETA about? In all negociations in life both parties have to give something in to reach an agreement. In the ETA case, the terrorist group is not willing to give up on any of its demands. Demands that are impossible to get anyway because 1) they will never get independence. ETA even demands the part of the territory of the Pais Vasco in France!!! Do you think the Spanish and French governments are going to give away that????

Moreover, even in the hipotetical case that ETA would be honestly willing to surrender the Spanish Government will never grant independece to the Pais Vasco. It is all non-sense.

It is always good to talk, but in ETA case there is no subject to talk about as much as I try to think about it.

regards to all

#39870 - 12/30/06 05:38 PM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
terrorists never learn to talk its not their way they do not know how they were not teach to talk.
yes they talk if you talk like them.

its a shame because the IRA in Ireland has done it; i was hoping ETA would too.

I know France is helping more than before so hopefully they are chase out.

This bombing is already in everybodys webpage news tv newspaper: it really does not help Spain.

#39871 - 12/31/06 12:25 PM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
normske Offline

Loc: Madrid
Estopa1,
I agree with you. My wife said much the same. She couldn't believe it when she heard the Government were in talks with ETA. Been there, done that. As you say its a chance to re-group, re-arm etc.

A Happy New Year to all!!!!!

#39872 - 01/03/07 06:16 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
mattuchi Offline

Loc: valencia
I think Zapatero should continue the talks with ETA as what is the alternative. Thank God no one was hurt. With all this violence in the world I like a lot of others are now becoming desensitized as it is becoming the norm... Now that is scary don´t you think???

#39873 - 01/03/07 11:40 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
jabch Offline

Quote:
Thankfully no one was killed
Two men from Ecuador were at the parking lot when the explosion occurred. They are still missing and more likely not alive.

#39874 - 01/06/07 09:27 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
The firemen finally found both corpses under 5 floors of the parking lot.

Anyway, I agree it is never a waste of time to talk and dialogue.

I really believe the US Government, should try to start a fluent talk to negotiate with Al-Qaeda and Ben Laden. That way perhaps we can understand better why they are blasting 200 persons a day in Iraq, and try to avoid any further killings in the US or any other country in the World. Peace is a must.

Perhaps a partial ceasefire can be declared in a couple states (let's say Alaska or Hawaii), so we are sure not to suffer any unfortunate accidents in those states.

Some concessions would have to be made however. US troops would surely have to retreat from Afghanistan and Iraq, Israel would be abandoned and its citizens will live in a new promise land kindly given by US in Southern California, Western countries' citizens will accept a minimum of 20% of moslem inmigrants and pray five times a day, and Guantanamo and other prisons' prisoners will have to be released.

After those concessions to the philantropic millonaire Ben Laden and his freedom fighters, I'm almost sure we will be able to live in peace.

Fernando

#39875 - 01/06/07 11:10 AM Re: ETA breaks ceasefire and attacks Madrid airport
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
Fernando,

wink . It's all I have to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments