Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39781 - 02/23/06 07:21 AM cheap international calls
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
I've been given this info from a guy I met in the UK. Allegedly you can use this service to (for example) call the UK from Spain for 2 pence a minute, without the need for a pc or expensive equipment.

easy dial

If any of you do try this and it works please let me know, the guy did seem very genuine. Alternatively if you find it's a con also let inform me - I can contact this guy again.

Good luck!!!

#39782 - 02/23/06 10:19 AM Re: cheap international calls
nevado Offline

I can't speak for your particular company, but I can tell you I use something similar where I live (a five-digit code) and it's for real. I just dial the access code, listen for the prompt telling me the amount per minute (usually 2-3 euro cents, sometimes FREE), and the call goes through. I can call the united states and western european countries for under 3 cents a minute, which happens to be cheaper than a semi-local call within the united states. When I receive my bill, the calls are lumped together in one charge and it just makes me so happy to see how little I spend talking for HOURS!!!

#39783 - 02/24/06 09:56 AM Re: cheap international calls
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Thanks for that feedback nevado. Interesting to see the cheap calls extend as far the States! No excuse for paying 1 euro a minute to overseas countries now!

#39784 - 02/25/06 05:30 AM Re: cheap international calls
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I always buy a Tarjeta Telefonica, the one with the I/C on the card. I believe the cheapest one is 6 Euro. My last trip I bought a 12 Euro one; but calling ahead to Hostals and calling back to the U.S., I still had 6 Euro credit on it after a week-long trip (to Santiago for 25 July). So, I gave it to one of my (wife's) cousins. She has a Movil but was able to use that credit to call us back here in the U.S. cool

#39785 - 03/10/06 08:27 AM Re: cheap international calls
SRedw Offline

I call the US from my cell phone in Spain for 1 céntimo a minute. I have CONTRATO 1 with Vodafone and after 6pm all calls to landlines and Vodafone mumbers are just 1 céntimo a minute. I use EURODIRECT, which is calling a landline, and for 6€, I get 800 minutes.

I looked at my last factura and for 80 minutes and 30 seconds for calling the US, it only cost me 93 céntimos.

#39786 - 03/14/06 06:53 AM Re: cheap international calls
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
An easier solution if you have internet is to with Skype! You can't beat free, we in the last few days have gotten the whole family hooked, did a conference call between Germany Spain and Canada. What I think makes Skype so cool is you can call landlines as well.

A good webcam makes it even more personal.

the trade off for free is sometimes you get a bad line, or lose the conection, so I just keep calling, may take several tries but I always get a good line.

#39787 - 03/26/06 09:14 PM Re: cheap international calls
eltorero Offline

I don't know if it is available to anyone, but when I went on a school trip with EF Tours, they offered a special EF ekit calling card that was pretty cheap and reloadable. It was like a debit card with which you could load minutes. I would google ekit or e-kit or something.

#39788 - 03/29/06 12:20 AM Re: cheap international calls
La Artista Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I have skype on my computer and would like to use it to call home when I study abroad. I have a mac and don't have to get an external microphone, but will my mom on her PC have to use an external mic?

#39789 - 03/29/06 04:57 AM Re: cheap international calls
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
they sell at Radio Shac a skyoe starter kit for 9.99 that has a mirophone that you need - any 4 dollar one from walmart will do the trick too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments