Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39624 - 03/27/05 12:34 PM Madrid: Difference between duties of PM/CNP/GC?
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
First Question...Within the City of Madrid...what are the difference between the Policia Municipal-Ayunt. Madrid, the CNP and the Guardia Civil ???
Unfortunately while in Madrid, I only spoke with a CNP Agent very briefly(in my terrible Spanish) and did not have the chance to ask him...

Second Question...the Policia Local Comunidad de Madrid...do they exist in reality or just on paper??? I never saw a single one of them while in Madird

#39625 - 03/27/05 01:10 PM Re: Madrid: Difference between duties of PM/CNP/GC?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Policía Nacional (CNP) cares for security within all the country.

Guardia Civil (GC) cares for security in certain rural areas, as well as for terrorism and traffic (only in roads and highways out of urban areas).

Policía Municipal (PM) is the local police of Madrid, cares for traffic within city limits and for petty crimes.

There is not a police at a province level, but some communities like the Basque Country, Navarre and Catalonia have it, usually with an equivalent role as Guardia Civil (though they never duplicate roles).

There is, though, a Policía Municipal (local police) called BESCAM which is financed at provincial/community level only in Madrid, that fullfills the same role as Policía Municipal in Madrid city, but just in other cities or villages out of Madrid capital.

Fernando

#39626 - 03/27/05 01:17 PM Re: Madrid: Difference between duties of PM/CNP/GC?
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments