Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39325 - 11/02/04 06:31 AM Re: Madrid: I lost my fanny (pack) at El Rastro!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Ignacio writes:
Quote:
Errr... I looked up the translation of "fanny", and it was "culo", that is "butt".
That's in American English. In the U.K. the word 'fanny' may refer to another part of the (female) anatomy.

If I wear one of those, I always wear it with the 'pouch' in front. So, I guess that would make my 'fanny pack' a marsupial pack (i.e., such as for a kangaroo or wallabee or an opossum in the U.S.). I think that may make it a little more difficult to steal.

#39326 - 11/02/04 06:52 AM Re: Madrid: I lost my fanny (pack) at El Rastro!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, Eddie. smile

The reason why I no longer use them is because they mark me automatically as a tourist, making me more prone to security problems, and also that, although you are right that it's safer to have it in the front, once I avoided being stolemn my money just by chance: I was in the middle of a lot of people who were kind of anxious to get into a disco (in Cuba), and when the door opened, I was pushed forward by the small crowd, and I noticed the hand of the pickpocketer because people took us apart abruptly. I hadn't noticed anything previously. I wasn't having my hand on the zipper because I never thought being absolutely pressed to each other somebody would have space enough to put his hand there without me realising it.

#39327 - 11/03/04 04:20 PM Re: Madrid: I lost my fanny (pack) at El Rastro!
Mr Schwump Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
Eddie, I had the pack in the marsupial mode when the theives snatched it. Wearing it in this manner kept the contents at my front, but made the closure snap very easy for the pickpockets to access.

I've learned my lesson. Anything of value stays inside my pants and my wife can carry her own damn tampons from now on!

Your old pal,
Joe

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3014 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments