Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Enjoy! laugh

#39167 - 07/05/04 05:03 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Ruben!

If you want to see the bulls like your dad did last summer, give me a call. We are going to an encierro on Saturday in Arévalo a small town northwest of Madrid. We have room for one more in the car! wink

#39168 - 07/06/04 06:22 PM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Imajica1975 Offline

Loc: Cincinnati Ohio
I didn't know there were places in the world where such friendly people live...

Makes the heart feel good to read about it here.

Nice thread. Put me in a good mood. smile

#39169 - 07/06/04 10:57 PM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Hey Ruben! I live near Las Vegas, so if you ever are in town here, I know all good strip joints! (just kidding people, but with all the friendly people on here, I was feeling left out for not being of any assistance)

#39170 - 07/08/04 03:20 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
[img]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:GETVjk7vdagJ:www.tau.ac.il/~alextsuk/photo[/img]

He's gone!

#39171 - 07/08/04 05:49 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
I just got back from a trip to Madrid with our own Boqueroncito (aged 14 months smile ) He loved it! I can imagine him doing this one day. Oh dear, I think I feel a poem coming on! Well, here's one we all know:

Caminante son tus huellas
el camino y nada más;
caminante, no hay camino:
se hace camino al andar.
Al andar se hace camino,
y al volver la vista atrás
se ve la senda que nunca
se ha de volver a pisar.
Caminante, no hay camino,
sino estelas en la mar

smile

#39172 - 07/14/04 08:14 PM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Anonymous
Unregistered

When is he back...

#39173 - 07/16/04 09:29 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
ruben Offline

Loc: Holmfirth
Hi everyone, I'm back. I wish I could have stayed longer because I was just getting into the swing of things when I had to return.

Thank you everyone for your help.

So, I left home and caught the train from Huddersfield to Liverpool ok and found the bus to Liverpool airport right outside Lime Street station (thanks spike1).

The easyJet flight was fine if a bit orange. When I arrived at Madrid I collected my bag and went through the doors straight to the Aerocity desk where I told them I was there and then a minibus came and took me and a Spanish couple.

I stayed at HOSTAL CRUZ SOL which was really good. It was just outside Plaza Major. I had a room with a small balcony (I changed rooms after two nights, but the second room was just the same). The room was bright and it had A/C and a television (actually I discovered it was possible to sit on the toilet and watch the TV at the same time, but you didn't want to know that). The people in the hostal were friendly and I used a card to get into my room when I wanted.

There was a beer machine in the hostal and I used it once to buy some Amstel beer for €1, it wasn't very nice, Spanish beer is nicer.

I went to the cafe underneath the hostal for churros and chocolate.

I walked everywhere I went. I wasn't avoiding the Metro. I wanted to walk so I could see things on the way and see where I was going.

I went to the Bernabeu (Real Madrid) twice. To get in you have to go on a tour, so the second time I took enough money with me to go on it (€9). It didn't cost anything to go into the Calderon Stadium (Atletico Madrid) but I could only go into the seating area of the stadium to have a look. It took me about half an hour to walk to each place from my hostal.

I went to the Reina Sofia Museum and saw a Dali exhibition and a Roy Lichtenstein exhibition.

I mostly ate food I bought at El Corte Ingles. Just bread and croissants and cheese and jamon mainly. (I kept getting emails from Mum telling me to eat fruit so I managed 2 apples whilst I was there rolleyes ). I mainly drank batidos and water. I had an odd drink called Soja, I think it was kiwi and apple soya drink - I liked it anyway.

I spent time in the evenings just wandering around. I went to Cafe Jazz Populart and saw a Spanish blues band called Naco Goni and Bluescavidas. I had no problem getting in. I had to pay a cover charge on my first drink (coke €4.50). I was the third person in and stayed until 1.15am. I felt ok going by myself.

On my last day, Aerocity picked me up and also another 5 English people.

I was happy all the time I was in Madrid and wasn't worried about anything at any time. It was great.

And now I'm home .. and planning my next visit. I want to show some friends around next time.

Regards.

Ruben.

#39174 - 07/16/04 10:28 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Anonymous
Unregistered

You drunk beer!

eek eek eek

I thought you were still about 15...

Hehehe, just a joke. A small amount doesn't harm anybody.

I am glad you had a nice trip.

#39175 - 07/16/04 11:24 AM Re: Embarrassing fussing mother
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
And now you have fine-tuned your Mum's addiction to Madrid! wink
Glad you had a good time!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1849 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments