Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#39065 - 04/02/04 08:13 AM Dynamite discovered along AVE line
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
This just in: Fri. 3 Apr 2004, 14:00 (Spain time) authorities discover a large cache of Dynamite (with detonators) along the high speed rail line between Madrid & Sevilla (AVE Line). eek

The story just came across the newswires 10-min. ago so that's all I have to report. Anyone from Spain care to comment on this? rolleyes

#39066 - 04/02/04 08:23 AM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Holy you-know-what. eek Any word if they/it was "staged" or was it found in a vehicle along the tracks or what? I'll have to tune into www.ABC.es to find out.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#39067 - 04/02/04 08:28 AM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Local media (EL Mundo's website at least) and CNN are reporting that a bomb with between 10 and 12 kilograms with detonator was found by a RENFE employee at km 61 (between Mocejón and Algodor (Toledo) stations) of the Madrid-Sevilla line. The line has been shut down since 11:30 local time. Nothing on my tv news at this minute

#39068 - 04/02/04 01:25 PM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
That is just unsettling to think of. At the speed they travel, explosives of any amount could cause a major catastrophe. Disaster truly averted.

Do you think it could possibly be the same group that was doing that in France ("AZF" I think?)?

#39069 - 04/02/04 04:42 PM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
This is scary.....I leave tonight for Spain and am taking a train from Madrid to Cadiz on Sunday and the AVE next Saturday returning to Madrid.

#39070 - 04/02/04 05:08 PM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Cathy, I know you must be nervous, but it will be fine...I took the AVE on March 18th from Cordoba to Madrid. I was with my group of 20 students. It was a wonderful ride and very safe. Have a WONDERFUL and safe trip...I know you will! buen viaje

#39071 - 04/02/04 07:13 PM Re: Dynamite discovered along AVE line
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
The only response to terrorism is to imprison terrorists to the last man. Perhaps Spain is going to suffer more bombings (well, we have suffered ETA bombings for 40 years...), but our commit against terrorism, no matter the party in the Government, should be(and I think it is more or less) abaolute.

Fernando

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments