Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3897 - 03/30/02 08:28 PM Bilbao hotels
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
In June we will be in Bilbao for one or two nights. We are thinking of staying at either the Hotel Siri Miri or the Iturrenea Ostatua. Has anyone stayed at either? Do they have air conditioning? Will we need air conditioning June 14-15? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Catalina

#3898 - 03/31/02 05:45 AM Re: Bilbao hotels
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Catalina writes:
Quote:
In June we will be in Bilbao for one or two nights. We are thinking of staying at either the Hotel Siri Miri or the Iturrenea Ostatua. Has anyone stayed at either? Do they have air conditioning? Will we need air conditioning June 14-15? (
A comment about Air Conditioning: Bilbao sits in a 'bowl,' the valley of the rio Nervion. Because of that and an associated temperature inversion, sometimes there are buildups of industrial haze and smoke (i.e., air pollution) that are slow to dissipate. Mid-June temperatures in Bilbao may not indicate a need for air-conditioning but air quality will. Most 3 or 4-star hotels will have air conditioning. I haven't stayed at either of the hotels you mention but I would recommend the Conde Duque (walking distance to the Guggenheim and/or the Casco Viejo although there's a bus stop in front where you can catch a bus to the edge of the Casco Viejo). cool

#3899 - 03/31/02 09:38 AM Re: Bilbao hotels
Cándida Offline

Loc: Zamora
I have been on hostal Iturrinea Hostal, is very clean and well located.
Have a nice trip, Bilbao is a very nice city

#3900 - 04/02/02 02:40 AM Re: Bilbao hotels
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I recommend the Hotel Abando...very clean, close to both "el Guggen" and the casco viejo, with the added bonus of being near the train station if your railing into town.

They have AC...and are reasonably priced (for four stars, double is about 125 euros)...

#3901 - 04/10/02 12:14 PM Re: Bilbao hotels
chinaclipper Offline

Loc: MIDLAND, TX
My wife and I stayed at the "Hotel Conde Duque" last year in late May. Weather cool. Stay at the Conde Duque and you will be glad you did. Across the street from the foot bridge to El Guggin. Cool Bridge.---Chinaclipper

#3902 - 04/11/02 10:51 PM Re: Bilbao hotels
Catalina Ciriza Offline

Loc: California
Thanks to you all. We have decided to try the Hotel Siri Miri. It got good reviews on Fodors, was in our price range, had availability, and responded professionally to our faxes. I'll let you know how it was, as there aren't many Bilbao hotel recommendations. cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments