Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 21 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38909 - 03/12/04 08:33 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
It's true that Christians killed many people in the crusades. But these were battles or some thing called a war death is expected in these sorta of things. Christians now are not known for flying planes and planting bombs in trains full of Spanish people now are they? I always believed Spain would get attacked ever since that moron Aznar supported the US in its war against Iraq.

#38910 - 03/12/04 08:42 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
¡Que horror! I learned of this horror yesterday, but the paralysis of pain in my heart was so great that all I could do was pray and cry.
I could not find the words to express my heartfelt pain for your loss dear Madrileños and those who lost loved ones until today.

Please know that while I was here in body, in my heart I am with you in that wonderful city we all love so much, Madrid. Viva el espiritu de coraje de los Madrileños.

#38911 - 03/12/04 09:00 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
My dear Booklady,
We know. We all walked for those who could not be there to walk. Though I walked with but one compadre, we walked for his family in Madrid, our compañeros at work, for our friends and family in the US, and for all those like you who were here in spirit.

#38912 - 03/12/04 09:08 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Quintos, you keep on blaming Aznar.

PM Aznar is the democratically elected leader of the Spanish nation. He has been delegated with the responsibility of leading Spain's foriegn policy. Now, as is expected, the Spanish People are about to elect his deputy and designated heir into office as Prime Minister. This is a validation of Aznar's policy by the Spanish People, and it would seem that, despite the histrionics of last spring, the people of Spain weren't quite so opposed to U.S. action in Iraq as it would seem. So as you stated, despite your protest to the contrary, it is the 'Spanish People' or 'Spain per se' who have brought this tragedy upon themselves, and not just the U.S. imperialist dupe Aznar. Am i missing something here?

By the way,what makes you think that the Iraq war has anything to do with this? The conventional wisdom of so many of the anti-American protesters was that there is NO PROVABLE LINK between the Iraqi Hussein regieme and the jihadists of bin Laden. So why would these jihadists bother to target Spain for the support given to the USA in removing Hussein? I must be missing something here.

#38913 - 03/12/04 09:11 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Quintos233, you are, in my opinion, the moron. To blanket all Muslims with the actions of a group/groups of radicals is assinine to say the least. I have done it before, out of anger, but this is never constructive. The only thing the Islamic religion is guilty of, IMO, is not distancing themselves enough from this and other travesties. Of course, this could also be blamed on the media. Is the media actively seeking Muslims that are opposed to such violence and are they giving them any press at all? I don't know, but it's a valid concern. You also might want to research the atrocities caused by Christians, again, which I am, during the crusades. Geez, you sound like David Duke.

Kurt, people like Quintos that label the USA "Imperialists" need to hit the books and check out the definition of "Imperialism". If they did, they'd know how wrong they were. Of course, their egos are so big that they will never admit their error.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

#38914 - 03/12/04 09:14 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Of course not all muslims are like that but its safe to say alot of them are. This simple my opinion and since this message room has freedom of speech or as far as I know it has it im expresing my right to say that most muslims living abroad are not on our side. If you want to think to the contrary and that they are on our side well then what ever fits your grazynes. They are telling us they hate us yet you guys are telling me they arent I don't get it.

#38915 - 03/12/04 09:17 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kevin Offline

BS, Quintos, you remember stating this:

"The entire muslim world is radical and third world."

?????

Stop backpeddling.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."

#38916 - 03/12/04 09:20 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kurt Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL. USA
Kevin: the Crusades were almost 1000 years ago, so I can't see the relevence of repeatedly mentioning them as some sort of qualifiyer for jihadist mass murder today. I could just as easily say that the Crusades were a counter-offensive against Muslims in response to the Conquisat of Spain and the seige of Vienna. But what possible good would it do?

#38917 - 03/12/04 09:21 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

What I meant by muslim world was the Countries which are of course third world and deprived as most countries are in that region. Are you guys saying that the muslim countries are not thirld world back ward nations and that the most muslims are not terriost this seems grazy and nut talk to me.

#38918 - 03/12/04 09:28 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kevin Offline

Kurt, what I was trying to say is that people in religions have caused atrocities in the past but it doesn't warrant BLANKETING an entire religion for their actions as Quintos is doing. I am a conservative, white, male Christian and have done the same thing in the past as Quintos is doing right now, hopefully I made a better argument, but when 9/11 happened I saw vigils all over the world. I saw Palestinians in the street cheering and waving their hands and at the SAME time I saw two beautiful Palestinian women laying flowers on a makeshift memorial. Should they have been blanketed with the actions of the ones cheering? No.

With that said, I support the war on terror, the leader of Spain, Prime Minister Blair, President Bush, the freeing of the Iraqi people, and every other damn thing that the free nations in the coalition of the willing are doing to protect life and liberty. I am not equating anything, I am trying to argue against stereotyping with facts.

Page 9 of 21 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2707 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments