MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38899 - 03/12/04 04:44 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
This is an interesting excerpt from an AP article:
"The attack occurred exactly 2 1/2 years after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in
the United States _ and there 911 days in between the terror attacks in
Madrid and those in New York and Washington. It also was Europe's worst
terror attack since the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jetliner over Lockerbie,
Scotland, killed 270 people".

My heart and prayers go out to the wonderful Spanish people.

#38900 - 03/12/04 04:46 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I've just come from the demonstration in Madrid. According to the police we were 2,300,000 people, despite the heavy rain.

I went with some friends. We were surrounded by thousands of people, many of them young people willing to live in peace and wishing a future without terrorism.

Apart from Madrid, there have been demonstrations all around Spain and even in some cities around the world.

Barcelona -> 1,200,000
Sevilla -> 1,000,000
Valencia -> 700,000
Zaragoza -> 400,000

11,400,000 people in Spain have taken part in them.

The most beautiful sentence I heard tonight on the demostration was: "¡¡Hoy no llueve, Madrid llora!!" (Today is not raining, Madrid is crying!!). frown

#38901 - 03/12/04 05:07 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The CNN en Español coverage showed the millions in the streets and it was impressive. Millions more were there in spirit.....

#38902 - 03/12/04 05:30 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
lelia6570 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I leave for Madrid in 7 days... I was originally going with 2 other people, but my girl friend backed out because she's scared. So its just me and my guy friend on our way to Spain for the first time. Scared.. yeah a little. Am I going to back down ? No... I'm going to beat those bastards at their own game.

Soy una madrilena hoy, y para siempre.

PS ~ Does anyone in Madrid have any suggestions of places we should be extra careful around ? And is the Metro still usable ? We were planning on using the Atocha station to get to Sevilla, Granada, Segovia and Toledo.

Thanks ~ Lelia

#38903 - 03/12/04 05:39 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
That is wild Floroz. Makes one think.

This:

Should also make people think....the idiots that did this horrific attack that is.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

#38904 - 03/12/04 06:12 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
"And, Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and compassion that explicitly forbids these kind of actions." This obviously grazy statement made me laugh.

#38905 - 03/12/04 06:16 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
chitown Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hello All,

Im from Chicago,IL U.S.A and I would like to say on behalf of myself and my fellow Americans that our thoughts and prayers are with you, and we understand what you are going through. Because Spain backed us up during the gulf war when no one else except the U.K had our back, we will have your backs. God bless America and God bless Spain.

#38906 - 03/12/04 06:33 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Quintos:

The work of radicals should not be interpreted as something that all muslims support. Please keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

#38907 - 03/12/04 08:00 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Quintos233 Offline

Loc: Southern California
The entire muslim world is radical and third world. How can we tolerate them and say that their are peace full. oh and sure some of them are nice but that doesn't take away from that from the fact that few million are waiting to kill us with bombs come on get real.

Greeting to those Madrid what a great tradejy this is! RECONQUISTA!!

#38908 - 03/12/04 08:14 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Kevin Offline

Loc: Augusta, Georgia
Quintos, your blanketed attacks on Islam are ignorant. Do you realize that Christianity, of which I am part of, is responsible for many, many, MANY deaths under the Crusades?

I have a different approach. No, I don't think Islam is a religion of hate but I DO feel more Islamic leaders and Muslims need to come out and distance themselves from this sort of attack and speak out against it. Their lack of response feeds the hate-mongerors among us. Lord knows, I would speak out against ANY Christian organization doing the same.
"Neither the United States of America nor the world community of nations can tolerate deliberate deception and offensive threats on the part of any nation, large or small. We no longer live in a world where only the actual firing of weapons represents a sufficient challenge to a nation's security"
-- President John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
-- President John F. Kennedy

Democrats, why the change?

Page 8 of 21 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1609 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments