Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3888 - 03/26/02 07:19 AM Parador in Cuenca
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Has anyway stayed at the Parador de Turismo de Cuenca? Is the half mile from town a nice walk and how's the town itself?

#3889 - 03/26/02 12:11 PM Re: Parador in Cuenca
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Cuenca is fantastic! The old town is beautiful, and the natural scenery--cliffs on both sides of town--is spectacular. Hopping nightlife, like everywhere in Spain. I don't know about the parador, but I'd much rather stay right in town. We stayed at the Hotel Leonor de Aquitania, in a family suite with a magnificent view of the gorge. It's located right in the old town next to the cathedral. Nice people, good prices, elegant room. www.hotelleonoradeaquitania.com
Another hotel right nearby, which looked great, is Posada de San Jose. www.arrakis.es/~psanjose. Oh, I'd love to go back to Cuenca!

#3890 - 03/26/02 12:22 PM Re: Parador in Cuenca
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thanks for info. I just tried both those website and got error on both but I see you've given the same addres that Frommers gives so I'll try later or call. The parador site says it's already booked the 2 days we needed end of June!

#3891 - 03/26/02 02:13 PM Re: Parador in Cuenca
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Too bad it's booked, because it is SPLENDID, and right across a bridge (the kind of bridge, high above a gorge, that gives you butterflies!) connected to the old town. Often the paradores have cancellations, so do look into it if you are interested!

#3892 - 03/26/02 03:03 PM Re: Parador in Cuenca
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I've stayed at the Posada de San Jose. ( http://www.posadasanjose.com/ )We were in the quadruple, and the room "hangs" over the cliffs. It's a really neat place to stay! If you go and you have a car with you, check out the Ciudad Encantada, which is outside Cuenca.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments