Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21 >
Topic Options
#38889 - 03/12/04 09:45 AM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
You have already helped Torero.

Thanks (in part) to american aid we have enjoyed almost a year without terrorism.

Just don't forget us, pray for the victims.

It has been incredible the support we have received from Europe (people spontaneusly heading to spanish consulates, offering aid,...) and all the world.

Thanks!

Fernando

#38890 - 03/12/04 12:57 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
My wife picked up a length of black ribbon this morning. She's making ribbons for us to wear on our clothing. Ribbons indicating we too are in mourning with the people of Spain who are our brothers and sisters.

It isn't much, but when people ask us about the ribbons - and they will - they will be told about the people of Madrid, of Spain, and what has happened there. Then she intends handing them a ribbon and a pin, and asking them to join in the mourning with us.

I feel no less pain today than I did after the attacks of 9-11. The victims of both savage attacks will not be forgotten.

#38891 - 03/12/04 02:18 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
richgal57 Offline

Loc: USA
frown I am so sorry for what has happened in your country. This shakes me up some how as a reminder of 911. I can not believe that people can hate so badly yet, we must not give up on people and life because it is indeed precious to all of us!

My heart and prayers go out to the families of the living and deceased. Let this be a reminder that we must keep praying daily and not allow any ugliness to get us down. We are strong and through adversity is strength!! :p

God Bless All in Spain!

#38892 - 03/12/04 02:34 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
11495 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for everyone commenting on the 4 gals traveling from the USA to Madrid in less than 2 weeks. After much debate our plans are still on, if for no other reason than to support the many wonderful people of Spain. Our hearts go out to the families, friends and countrymen of these victims. We look forward to visiting Madrid and the surrounding areas.

#38893 - 03/12/04 02:34 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
This is the link to the flag w/ black ribbon being discusssed ....

http://www.englishunlimited.net/stuff/11_March_Spain_Unity.pdfv

#38894 - 03/12/04 02:48 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
To all those who are traveling in the next month.

I am going over Easter week and I will be a willing participant in the crowds of Semana Santa. Am I nervous? Yes, as I was after 9-11, when I couldn't get on an airplane or elevator or train without scanning my fellow passengers' faces. But if I don't go, I will also be a victim of terrorism -- having changed my way of life to suit the terrorists' needs.

VIVIR CON MIEDO, ES VIVIR A MEDIAS.

#38895 - 03/12/04 03:04 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
blinker Offline

After September 11, the people of Spain, as well as many other countries, shared the grief of all Americans. I want to be sure the Spaniards know that Americans now grieve for them. Your country supported us in an unsupported war and you marched against the war, as we did. We truly share your grief and I am personally sorry for your losses. We understand your pain. Remember those who were lost in this cowardly act but also remember that you must be strong and continue to live life as it was meant to be. Do not let them destroy that.

#38896 - 03/12/04 03:19 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
GuiaGuiri Offline

Loc: New England, USA/València, Esp...
I for one am not changing an iota of my travel plans, I plan as before to fly into MadridBarajas, take the subway to Atocha, and the train to Valencia, as my own small action rejecting violence.

#38897 - 03/12/04 03:29 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
kat6523 Offline

Loc: Seattle,Washington
Hello,
I just wanted to send my and my friends love, thoughts & prayers to all of those affected by this horrid act of insanity.
Blessings,Kat

#38898 - 03/12/04 04:02 PM Re: MULTIPLE TRAINS BOMBED IN MADRID
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I am leaving for my trip to Spain in exactly three weeks and will not cancel.

My first trip to Spain was less than 3 weeks after 9/11. It was eerie at the airport with the car inspections and empty terminals. But I was determined these terrorists were not going to take away my freedom. I had been to many countries in europe but never to Spain. The spanish people were so very warm and sympathetic to the tragedy in New York. I fell in love with Spain and the people and this will be my 6th trip. I hope that I can give back to the people of Spain the compassion and sympathy that they showed me on my first visit to their country.

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1571 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments