Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#38791 - 01/17/04 02:40 AM Mirrored Sunglasses
lasketchup Offline

I have looked through all the tread topics in this section not realy every single message but the topics listed and after readeing for a long time I still haven't heard anyone mention the mirrored sunglasses. Has anyone tried them for safety? Also has anyone tryed those decoy safes(sp?)? Just curious if these kinds of things have worked for anyone? For anyone who doesn't know what the mirrored sunglasses are. They look just like regular sunglasses but when you look through them it is supposed to be like looking through a rear view mirror where you can see behind you. I haven't personally tryed these yet as I normally don't like sunglasses but am curious if they are worth investing in?

Allison

#38792 - 01/17/04 02:58 PM Re: Mirrored Sunglasses
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
I honestly think that buying mirorred sunglasses is pushing the paranoia a bit on hustlers, don;t you? I have always put my wallet (a reduced sized one) and passport in my front pocket. No one would have the ganas to lift them from the front pockets. Also, you can buy a little lock with key (about 1E) if you will be on the metro with a handbag that you must carry. For guys, just make sure your favorite Mont Blanc isn;t in your backpocket or in one of the outside jacket pockets.

BTW, mirrored sunglasses tend to be very dark.

#38793 - 01/17/04 11:17 PM Re: Mirrored Sunglasses
lasketchup Offline

Very great point. Yah I guess it would seem kind of over board. So I should have no problem keeping a few euros in my front pocket? For my daily money and a money belt for emergency back up or shopping for essentials. I heard about people get pocketed from there back pocket but I have never heard anyone get picketpocketed from there front. So that is probally rare you think?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments