Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#38336 - 02/07/03 04:16 PM Madrid Safety at night after tapa/wine tour
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
While in Madrid in early March, I am doing the tapa/wine tour with Andrés . Has anyone out there done this tour? Is it safe to walk back to Hostal Chelo when it is over? I am traveling alone this time and do have some concerns about being on the streets alone. Any suggestions?

#38337 - 02/09/03 09:59 PM Re: Madrid Safety at night after tapa/wine tour
Espe3 Offline

Depending on the time of night the tour is over, I would not recommend waking alone late at night on the calle Hortaleza. Since I don't know your familiarity of the area/language... its a short trip, so it'll be cheap, but take a cab! From the Plaza del Sol it'll be like a 3 minute ride! Or see if someone from your group is going your way and buddy up! smile Have fun on the tour!

#38338 - 02/12/03 02:47 AM Re: Madrid Safety at night after tapa/wine tour
MAD for Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I've walked alone at all hours of the night in various areas of Madrid. I'm a tall fair American female - so I do stick out. I'm originally from NYC so I have eyes and ears in the back of my head. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you've had a lot to drink or if you will be nervous and project that image. I find people tend to leave you alone if you walk agressively and with purpose and they think you know where you are going (even if you are lost)

Cabs are relatively cheap and it can't hurt

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments