Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38184 - 11/13/02 01:59 PM Re: Theft in hostel rooms?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
We had wonderful experiences with the hostels in Spain last summer. My husband stayed in the US so it was just me with two kids for 6 weeks. We never felt threatened, and we met some wonderful families as a result of these stays. Hotels are less personal and have frequent turnover with their employees. The hostels are usually family businesses, operated by family members.

Check the other safety suggestions on this sight!! They are extremely helpful!!

laugh laugh I have a funny story to share. We met a young couple on the ferry between El Puerto and Cadiz. The gal was wearing a huge engagement diamond and very fancy jewelry. They were staying in a fancy hotel in Sevilla, and the night before someone had stolen her clothing. They had left all her jewerly and one of each type outfit. She had several bags of clothing and they had just simplified her travel by removing the excess. The considerate thief had even left her two swimsuits!! laugh laugh

#38185 - 11/13/02 02:57 PM Re: Theft in hostel rooms?
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
Sel: It sounds to me like the young woman threw out her clothes and then blamed a thief rather than admit to her beau (or mother or mother-in-law) that she took way too much stuff.

#38186 - 11/14/02 07:15 PM Re: Theft in hostel rooms?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Yep, except that they were sharing a room and were out together when it happened. It was strange, and it appeared that it presented no hardship for them. They were doing their honeymoon in advance due to their busy schedules.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments