Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3814 - 03/15/02 12:41 PM Estepona:Hotel Costa del Sol Princess
Spainbound Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
In just a couple of weeks we are booked to stay at the Hotel Costa del Sol Princess in Estepona. Has any one stayed there or know anything about it? It seems pretty nice from its website. How far it is from the center of Estepona? Would it be walking distance or would we need a bus or taxi? What are the chances that the first week of April would be "beach" weather?
I know that this next question is in the wrong category but I'll ask it here rather than start a new thread. Any recommendations for restaurants, both upscale and beach casual? Would jackets and ties be required in the more upscale restaurants?
Thanks - Any input about Estepona will be welcomed. cool cool

#3815 - 03/15/02 05:26 PM Re: Estepona:Hotel Costa del Sol Princess
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Spainbound! That hotel is ....let me see.... about five hundred metres from where I am sitting typing this! eek It's a really lovely hotel, beautifully laid out with very nice gardens etc. Some friends of ours from England stayed there a month or two back and we met them in the bar one night and had a look round. You'll find it very comfortable and pleasant, I'm sure.

You are a little way out of Estepona, between the town and San Pedro de Alcantara in the opposite direction towards Marbella. There is a bus stop close to the hotel, although the schedule the buses keep is a little erratic, but they should run every half hour or so! If we go into Estepona for a night out we get the bus in and a cab back after midnight is only about 8 or 9 Euros. A similar price from San Pedro too.

A hire car is worth thinking about, as it gives you a bit more flexibility. Hopefully the weather will have improved in early April, as it has been raining cats and dogs at the moment and so we may be getting it all out of the way for your arrival! There have already been people on the beach in recent weeks. You can be lucky at this time of the year and need sun lotion or an umbrella. A few weeks ago for example, Mrs Anchovy was on our terrace ina bikini doing the ironing. The next day we were huddled by a log fire wondering if we were in the same country!

As regards restaurants, you are coming just on or after Easter, so all the beach bars should be open and the restaurants buzzing. It's quite busy already with lots of golfers (damp ones at the moment :p ) around and keeping the restauranteurs happy. Dress code is usually pretty relaxed, but post a message on the food and drink page and I'll try and put a few names and places about for you to have a look at? smile

#3816 - 03/16/02 01:24 PM Re: Estepona:Hotel Costa del Sol Princess
Spainbound Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
Mr. Anchovy:
Thank you so much for your information. You have put my mind as ease regarding the Hotel Costa del Sol Princess and put Estepona into prespective.
The weather, the week after Easter, is going to be magnificent! I haven't been to Spain for almost twenty years and I know the weather gods will not let me down. So, get your beach stuff ready!
You mention that San Pedro is also reasonably close to the hotel. We are only going to be spending a few days. So, in your opinion is heading to San Pedro worth the time or is hanging out in Estepona better?
Thanks again!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments