Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#38120 - 10/02/02 06:22 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
This thread is hilarious! laugh laugh laugh And so practical at the same time! wink While I may laugh at these inventive brassieres, I really think that the manufacturers of these two examples are on to something with providing the traveller with an excellent way to dissimulate a stash of cash or credit cards.

#38121 - 10/02/02 06:59 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hey, Lizziee, the sky's the limit? Why stop there?

This reminds me, in an odd way, of the time my husband and his best friend picked up the friend's girlfriend at the airport with enormous signs that said, "Welcome to Minneapolis, XXX Film Star Debbie 'double D' P------!!" They carried the huge signs through the airport (with me maintaining a very discreet distance behind with the camera and a red face), wearing cheesy fedoras. They met her flight (Debbie is about 5'2" and could desperately use a well-padded money bra) and wouldn't you know she was the last person off the plane. It was mortifying.

Ask for bills in small denominations, ladies, and pad 'em up.

Just don't mistake a 50-euro note for a tissue!

#38122 - 10/02/02 10:30 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Booklady,

Does that traveling bra come with combination locks, or do they use padlocks?

Wolf (Just curious - laugh )

#38123 - 10/02/02 11:13 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Excellent question, Wolf. The answer is Heavy Duty Velcro! Does the job without damaging a lady's sensitive skin! wink

#38124 - 10/03/02 12:15 AM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
churrocaliente Offline

Loc: Miami Beach, FL
Wolf, I might've mentioned this in another post, but while having a late cena at a terraza in Cobeña, I kindly asked the waiter to "turn around" while I made a cash transfer from the boob bank ... my friend B didn't know I had money stashed in my bra ... and she nearly fell off her seat laughing.

How a police officer requesting a passport would react, dios Mio!

Lizziee the thing about the V.S. miracle bra is that it already performs miracles wink !!! So when you stash a small wad of bills in it, it looks no bigger than it already is. So to answer Booklady's concern, one cup would not look bigger than the other.

Ay chihuahua, I will be so very embarrased to show anyone on this board photos from my trip ... but it's all for the sake of sharing good ideas, eh? laugh

Churrito

http://beachwriter.blogspot.com

#38125 - 10/04/02 10:55 AM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
This thread is getting funnier and funnier! The thought of being DD (or even a C) is sorta inspiring though - If all women used the travel bra - can't you just imagine the wagers lost by the guys!
FYI - Great story taravb laugh

#38126 - 10/05/02 10:31 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I spent June and July in Spain with two kids. Getting robbed was one of my biggest worries, but we only had one attempted bump and run which was not successful. I sewed small metal rings into everything we took. Then I purchased the travel pockets that are designed with a cord loop to hook onto your belt and then be tucked into your slacks. Instead of using a belt, we attached our secret pockets using tiny carabiners from the sporting goods store. These pockets were completely hidden, yet easily accessable. Unless someone stripped us of our clothing, they were not getting our goods. laugh laugh laugh At times, I wore one on each side. They were not hot and never uncomfortable. My daughter and I also carried the kidney shaped 'backpacks' sold by LL Bean and most of the travel catalogs. They were fantastic and we bought the small size. They are easly to carry on the shoulder AND to grasp tightly with your hand as you walk. They easiy help all of our daily esentials: maps, camera, CANDY, sweaters, etc. ATM cards are wonderful as long as they do not get stolen!!!!

#38127 - 10/16/02 05:04 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
Of all the hilarious things in this thread...

I have to say that the one still cracking me up for the past 15 minutes is the idea of churritacaliente telling people she has to go to the bathroom to make " a cash transfer "!!
:p eek

What must they think?!?

Very creative survival techniques ladies!

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

#38128 - 11/13/02 04:38 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
el viajero Offline

It figures. After I said the only place I felt unsafe in Madrid was Lavapiés, on my very next trip I get mugged in broad daylight right downtown, on some little street behind c/Arenal.

Last week, the day I arrived, a man and woman demanded my (nonexistent) moneybelt. However, their Spanish was so lousy that I couldn't figure out what they were asking for. They spent considerable time miming the concept of "money belt." When the look of utter bafflement failed to leave my face, they contented themselves with expertly pickpocketing my wallet and passport, causing an annoying chain of inconveniences and early-morning visits to the U.S. Embassy. Fortunately, the rest of the trip was a lot of fun and made up for the first couple of days.

#38129 - 11/13/02 07:44 PM Re: parts of Madrid that are known as dangerous?
Espe3 Offline

El viajero, sorry to hear that. But next time someone tries to communicate something to you that takes an eternity... before it gets sticky, say sorry and keep walking! Its when they get you to stop and hang around that you become an easy target!

Here's another idea for the ladies. My sister converted a garter into a id/money holder by sewing 2 crossing elastic bands. She did it for a party she had to go to and couldn't find a purse to match... needless to say, it did the job! And again, nobody's going to feel up your leg to see if you've got some money attached to it! :p

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1564 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments