Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37931 - 04/09/02 10:15 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
Mr,Chitlin Offline

Loc: Hurt ,VA.
I have a small ziplock baggie I but my passport in and then keep it in my money belt ,I'll take it out in the bath room in the airport or airplane just befor landing and then back again after customs

#37932 - 04/14/02 12:17 AM Re: what if you lose your passport
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hey Mr Chitlin-

You made a great point there. The ziplock baggie is a great idea, that way you stand less of a chance of ruining your passport if it's a hot day or if you get stuck in a rain storm. I always try to bring extra plastic bags for things like this or just to put my dirty laundry in or pack my shoes in when I'm going home.

-GranadaGirl

#37933 - 04/16/02 10:39 AM Re: what if you lose your passport
rainspooner Offline

Loc: Phoenix
I like the computer scan and email idea! I think I'll do that this time.

I always keep my passport with me in my neck pouch. I've found they're constructed out of pretty tough materials and can withstand a lot of bending and some moisture.

Keep those airplane tickets safe too!

Another good idea is to make photo copies of your passport and airplane tickets and exchange these copies with your travelling companion. Also leave copies with someone at home.

Thanks MadridMan for the tip about locking up your bags even when they're left in your room during the day. I had thought about that but thought I was being paranoid. I'll lock up the zippers and then lock the bag to the bed or something.

#37934 - 04/16/02 12:14 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Wow, this thread reminds me of all the times I had to take my passport out of my neck pouch to change traveler's checks (in the days before ATM networks!). I would be standing in line on a hot summer day, with a huge backpack on the floor beside me, fumbling into my shirt (flashing the crowd, no doubt!) for a damp, bent passport. Those bank tellers would always look at it like it was a used tissue...ick!

But they do stand moisture pretty well, and I always just made sure I had copies in my bags (one in each) and with my parents at home.

I have a zippered leather travel belt (looks like a regular black leather belt, with the zipper on the inside), too, and keep an extra copy of the passport and some money (bigger bills) in that. It lies flat and nobody could get it off without my permission wink !!

Tara smile

#37935 - 04/17/02 12:54 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I believe in being prepared...so, I've photocopied my passport, plane tickets, and my driver's license. I've just sent my scanned passport photo and information and sent it to my email account....I'm packed, well almost...Hey, I even have a hankie map of Madrid! wink

I leave in 11 DAYS...I'm so excited... laugh

Anything else confused

Wyndyl :p

#37936 - 04/17/02 01:58 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Wyndy

Don't forget to pack the anti-virus/bacteria/pyjama lotion!

Jo

PS, I'm sorry, this will seem a little obscure to almost anyone but Wyndy!

#37937 - 04/17/02 04:02 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks, Jo!

That made me LOL! Were circumstances different for me, I'd say I should leave that lotion home wink wink

Wyndyl :p

#37938 - 06/05/02 04:35 PM Re: what if you lose your passport
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
This time I bought a money belt instead of the neck pouch and I was very comfortable. I tried using both before I left and tried to use each one in an inconspicuos manner. To me the money belt, if worn near the pocket and covered by a blouse or jacket seemed to be the most inconspicuous of the two.

I also made plenty of copies of my documents and scattered them in my luggage, just in case.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments