Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37828 - 12/07/01 07:09 PM Petty Crime in Barcelona
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Whilst in Barcelona this week, I heard of several muggings and thefts. One was at the hotel Adagio on Carrer Ferran, a couple of ladies were burgled whilst asleep in their 1st floor room. The room had a tiny balcony overlooking a passageway and had failed to check that the door was locked. When they arose the next morning they discovered a handbag missing containing money and a camera, and the door open. The hotel reception said that 2 or 3 persons had probably stood on each others shoulders to reach up and get into the room. Sounds like this had happened before! Whilst at the local police station, they met 3 large men who had been mugged at the port and beaten. Another case was a lady who had her bag stolen whilst eating breakfast in her hotel, a cctv showed a well dressed couple to be the culprits. It just goes to show that we all should be extra vigilant when it comes to our personal belongings and not to wander off the beaten track.

#37829 - 12/07/01 10:10 PM Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi SuePycroft. You might find the previously posted thread, " Barcelona: A Mugger's Paradise " interesting too.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#37830 - 12/08/01 07:16 AM Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
Hah! What you don't know is I STOLE YOUR WALLET.

#37831 - 12/10/01 05:51 PM Re: Petty Crime in Barcelona
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hey Asterault, I wondered what had happened to my wallet after we had finished lunch!!!!! eek I'll be back.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments