MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37712 - 10/23/01 03:30 PM Re: Travel to spain after the Attacks
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
MM - thanks for reprinting, albeit unauthorized, this article. With luck, a certain few people on this board will read it and, perhaps, modify their views and comments. Yes, I completly agree that everyone is entitled to express their opinions - but perhaps the printed word from an official source will help to educate where board member comments alone have failed.
Puna (who is not trying to be nasty!)

#37713 - 10/23/01 04:15 PM Re: Travel to spain after the Attacks
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

Thanks for posting that article. It's exactly what I've been trying to say right along.

The gathering at Café Gijon is not senile old men and women who have nothing to offer to the world. It's a gathering of people whose very lives have been touched by the evil that they've seen. They are not radicals, but sage warriors of time, who lived the past, and can tell everyone just how horrible, and tragic, things can be, if we don't learn from our history.

These passionate people understand, they care, and they don't want to see the youth of today stumble and fall, allowing history to repeat itself.

Like Puna, I hope people will listen, and learn. That they will read the history of mankind, and see why we must face adversity head on, not run from it. If we run... it won't go away. It will just swallow us up, until there are too few of us left to fight.

Wolf

#37714 - 10/23/01 10:57 PM Re: Travel to spain after the Attacks
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
MadridMan,
Thanks for sharing the article with us. It is good to know that we are not alone in this fight, and particularly how the ordinary citizens feel about what has happened, and not just their leaders, which have also been supportive.

Wolf,
Permit me to say that your words are very profound and touched my heart.

[ 10-24-2001: Message edited by: Booklady ]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2037 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments