Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37611 - 08/03/01 04:50 PM Re: terrorism
Tia Offline

... Imagine all the people living life in peace... you may say I´m a dreamer, but I´m not the only one... smile

#37612 - 08/04/01 10:19 AM Re: terrorism
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Mmmm Cali. Those "hooligans" fill the ranks of ETA whenever they can.

Moreover, they are a very important key in ETA strategy. They want to fill of terror and violence the normal functioning of the society.

They normally only attack physical places (banks, multinationals, political parties offices, ...) but there have been times in which they have thrown molotov cocktails to the ertzaintza (basque police). That is pretty terroristic, don't you think?

#37613 - 08/05/01 08:50 PM Re: terrorism
JDR Offline

Loc: asturias
Tiajohanna : I believe most people of the world want to live in peace. But there will always be some humans who want to take control of or eliminate others. The believed superiority of one tribe or "race" over another continues even today despite a higher level of education & communication.

CaliBasco : A news report on the radio today in Spain said that "terroristas callejeros" attacked several vehicles containing provincial police (ertzaintzas) with firebombs near Bilbao, inflicting serious injuries. One of the vehicles was an "unmarked" car containing police in civilian clothes. Evidently these masked individuals were very well organized & knew their targets. How can these individuals be considered just hooligans?
And again , no arrests were made!
Why do you think that it is so easy to get away with violence in el pais vasco?

#37614 - 08/05/01 08:57 PM Re: terrorism
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
JDR-Probably for the same reasons about 95% of drive-by shootings are never resolved in L.A.: the criminals blend in too easily to their surroundings upon completion of their "acts". Masked hooligans remove their masks, and "voilá" no longer are they the "guy in the mask who did such-and-such". They're now just another "innocent" bystander. For a detailed explanation of why no arrests are made, I suggest a call to the local Ertzaina station.

I reiterate, that these are not "a sueldo" (paid by ETA) yet, but are just kids who would like to be, but aren't yet. That explains their willingness, Fernando. I also reiterate that when confronted, most of them would wet themselves, rat out their friends, and cry for mommy like any other frightened wuss who hides behind a mask.

#37615 - 08/06/01 03:53 PM Re: terrorism
Tia Offline

JDR, what I meant is: the violence is not any solution, it only leads to more violence and innocent people suffer (as replay wrote before). I´m not well-informed enough to comment the conflict in BC, but there must be some other way to solve the problem.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments