Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37588 - 06/24/01 08:01 AM Felt very safe in Spain
Ellis Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
I must admit - reading the posts here before I went to Spain left me a bit worried.

But our ten days in Spain were worry-free. We walked in the Retiro, rode the Metro, visited a number of restaurants and bars, and never felt, or saw anything dangerous. Based on advice we received we did not take our cameras to the Rostro market on Sunday morning, but other than that we took no precautions.

We had the same, very safe feeling in Toledo, Cordoba, Sevilla, Granada and Segovia.

A totally enjoyable, and safe experience!

Ellis

[ 06-24-2001: Message edited by: Ellis ]

#37589 - 07/21/01 10:14 PM Re: Felt very safe in Spain
deegee Offline

I would have to agree that I felt that Madrid was very safe. I was there on business for just a few days so maybe I wasn't in the scariest areas of town.

But was able to take the metro several times, walk around Chueca both during the day and late at night. I found people to be very helpful, a bit more than my east coast sensibilities could handle.

I would guess that Madrid is much like my hometown of Boston. Keep your eyes open, but don't be too quick to assume the worst.

By the way, after a long trip, my first move was to leave my passport in my taxi! The driver, who I didn't even recognize, appeared behind me and handed it to me even before I noticed it was gone.

deegee.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments