Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37469 - 05/10/01 04:01 AM Ways to beat the pickpockets!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi again,

I know this really might sound childish or bad but I'm really LOL reading some of these postings, mainly at the tactics some of these pickpockets use!

I want you to know that I mean no disrespect to those people who have gotten robbed, and I don't mean to sound indifferent

But really, the stories about girls blowing kisses and touching (hilarious!!!), the shell game, guys falling over pretending to be hurt, etc. really are pathetic but they all really made me laugh

Really, has anyone ever tried to play along with these wankers? I mean really try to have a good time with these idiots, perhaps by playing the same game?

Maybe telling the girls who are blowing kisses and touching that you have a (big) surprise for them if they follow you back to your flat

Or try and pretend you are an undercover police officer and flash your international driving licence or other form of ID pretending to be police looking for thieves

Or when you are helping an "injured" person and he tries to pick your pocket, throwing him down and kicking him a few times when he's down?

Or the best thing of all....robbing a pickpocket!!!!! If he tries to pick your pocket, catch him in the act....he will walk away. But follow him for a while...and when he doesnt notice, tackle him down and take his wallet. And then throw it into a sewer or gutter!

Sorry but it's rather late at night (well not really but for some of you it is) and I have a rather childish sense of humour

But I have tried some of the above methods against pickpockets (not in Madrid however)

So far the kiss-blowing girls are no. 1 in my book

Cheers

Vincent
laugh

#37470 - 05/10/01 02:49 PM Re: Ways to beat the pickpockets!
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
To find the shell-gamers just have sit outside of the Atocha station outside of MM's favorite Bar Brillante and wait....they'll show up. Why do you think the bar has a uniformed security guard standing out front all the time!

Leche

#37471 - 05/10/01 04:12 PM Re: Ways to beat the pickpockets!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
THAT'S NOT TRUE about the security guard!! (at least I never saw one) Sheesh! rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#37472 - 05/10/01 06:41 PM Re: Ways to beat the pickpockets!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi again,

I'd like to see that shell game being played sometime and start taking pictures of them and tell them they are going to appear in an article about street thieves in the London Telegraph....how funny would that be??!!!

And I'd also like to buy a very cheap wallet and put it in my back pocket. And when those shell gamers steal it, they will find a note inside saying (MadridMan please excuse me) "ERES UNA PUTA!!!!"

HA HA!

Cheers

Vince

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments