Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37454 - 05/08/01 02:46 PM Re: Wallets
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Being one of those... "victims" of a pickpocket my first time around in Madrid, I have taken to offering a "decoy wallet" which is worth about $2, and has basically one piece of paper inside of it. A piece of typing paper on which I have outlined my hand, with "one finger extended." At least I'll get the last laugh on the SOBs, since that finger has really become an International symbol, identifiable everywhere wink

Wolf

#37455 - 05/08/01 03:28 PM Re: Wallets
Nic Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Love it!! laugh

#37456 - 05/08/01 03:34 PM Re: Wallets
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I have an e-friend who lives in Kentucky, USA and he lived with his family in Madrid during the 50s (father was in the military).

He told me a particularly funny story about how he and his "runnin' buddies" about the same age (12-15 years old) were doing their usual summer thing strolling (or "trolling") the streets of Madrid. He felt someone's hand in his pocket, looked, and saw the man running away. mad Shortly thereafter he saw the man drop that which he "lifted" from the pocket; RUBBER DOG CRAP which he (the boy) had bought earlier that summer at El Rastro. eek laugh The boys laughed about that for hours.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#37457 - 05/09/01 08:03 AM Re: Wallets
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
I love the rubber dog stuff approach! Now if you really want to shock some "would be pickpocket," men, why not cut the pockets completely out? eek

Now that might make them think twice before reaching inside and fishing around for someone else's wallet laugh

Wolf

#37458 - 06/17/01 03:49 PM Re: Wallets
CAN14 Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
Recently I was in the lingerie department of a major deartment store and i noticed at the counter a small zipper pouch that can attaches to your bra much like one that would attach onto your belt. It is only big enough to hold maybe a driver's licence and/or some money. But one thing is for sure, you'd notice if somebody was trying to get at it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments