Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3738 - 09/22/03 02:31 AM Madrid: reserve a hostel?
bostjan Offline

Loc: slovenija, eslovenia
Im going to be in Madrid October 6 through the 14th should I reserve a hostel or can I get one when I get there.........any suggestions would also be welcomed.
THANKS

bostjan
slovenia

#3739 - 09/22/03 09:08 AM Re: Madrid: reserve a hostel?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I think that it is safer to reserve in advance if you are certain about your dates. Then you do not have to waste time once you are there findind a place.

#3740 - 09/22/03 06:34 PM Re: Madrid: reserve a hostel?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I'm in agreement with fellow-Columbusite sel on this one, bostjan. Reserve if you can. At the very very least, scope out a few possibilities which have websites so that you can have an idea of where you're going and what you're getting before arriving.

For that length of time, without reservations, it's VERY likely you'll get "bumped" after a few days because the weekend will already have been booked solid before you walked in. And they there you are, with all your luggage, SEARCHING HI and LOW for someplace with an available room, going door-to-door.... climbing all those stairs only to find out they're full and so on and so on.. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3741 - 09/23/03 12:14 AM Re: Madrid: reserve a hostel?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Just to echo what others have said...BOOK AHEAD if you can!! Nothing more frustrating than spending hours hostel to hostel only to see the dreaded "completo" sign hanging at their entrance!! rolleyes
Kelly

#3742 - 09/26/03 04:33 PM Re: Madrid: reserve a hostel?
homelessdophin Offline

Loc: usa
I definitely agree on booking ahead.. i can recommend one hostel in madrid called Barbieri. It is in a good location close to Puerta del Sol and when I was there a few months ago I had a great time... there are people there from all over the world, there is a kitchen, and it is cheap... I was travelling alone so it was great for me cause i made some friends there.. www.barbierihostel.com... good luck and happy travels!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments