Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37291 - 02/10/04 11:35 AM Re: Luggage Storage
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Antonio and CathyM ---

Amy25´s post was from 2001! wink I´ll bet she isn´t reading the board for updated information these days!! laugh je je je!

#37292 - 02/10/04 01:19 PM Re: Luggage Storage
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I guess that I confused the issue by looking for an update on what I knew was on old thread. Sometimes it is hard to know WHEN to start a new thread and when to add to an old one!!! eek

#37293 - 02/15/04 10:35 AM Re: Luggage Storage
sakko Offline

Loc: detroit, michigan, U.S.A
although, i didn't ask. i am thrilled that all of you replied. laugh i have been wondering about luggage storage for a while now. how long can you leave your luggage in a locker? is it safe?

#37294 - 02/16/04 12:24 PM Re: Luggage Storage
Madrid Insider Offline

You can see free information and compare all of the existing information about baggage storage in Madrid:

Airport (Barajas)
In front of T1 & Lounge 2 Metro: Aeropuerto
These are lockers of 2 different sizes which you insert your bags, pay for the first day, get a date-stamped ticket and key then pay the security guard for any extra days before unlocking the lockers and extracting your things. They are watched over by a security guard with a security scanner for added protection.

Small
€2,65 1st day
€3,30 per day 2 to 15 days

transferred to warehouse for €33,14 and then €0,66 per day as of the 15th day

Large
€2,65 1st day
€4,65 per day 2 to 15 days
transferred to warehouse for €33,14 and then €1,33 per day as of the 15th day

- Special (strange size) is €3,30 per day. (This is for surf boards, snowboards, skis, etc.) Also, you will need to get one locker for each item.

- Lost Keys are replaced for €13,26.

Monday-Sunday: 24hrs a day

Tel. 913-936-805

www.aena.es/aeropuertos/barajas/equipajes.htm

Atocha
(Train station)
Behind Aviary
Metro: Atocha Renfe
These are automated lockers of 3 different sizes where you insert your bags, pay for the first day and get a coded ticket which you will use to open the locker and get your things once you have entered the code and paid for them. They are watched over by a security guard with a security scanner for added protection.

- Small is 2,40 euros a day
(volume less than 0.15m)

- Single space is 3,00 euros a day
(volume 0.15m to 0.25m)

- Double space is 4,50 euros a day
(volume 0.25m to 0.40m)

15 day maximum then transferred to warehouse. One year maximum at warehouse then considered forgotten / rejected.

Monday-Sunday: 6:30AM-10:20PM

Tel. 902-240-202

www.renfe.es

Chamartin
(Train station)
In front of Atencion al cliente Metro: Chamartin
These are automated lockers of 3 different sizes where you insert your bags, pay for the first day and get a coded ticket which you will use to open the locker and get your things once you have entered the code and paid for them. They are watched over by a security guard with a security scanner for added protection.

- Small is 2,40 euros a day
(volume less than 0.15m)

- Single space is 3,00 euros a day
(volume 0.15m to 0.25m)

- Double space is 4,50 euros a day
(volume 0.25m to 0.40m)

15 day maximum then transferred to warehouse. One year maximum at warehouse then considered forgotten / rejected.

Monday-Sunday: 7AM-11PM

Tel. 902-240-202

www.renfe.es

Mendez Alvaro
(Bus station)
Behind escalator / conveyor belt & next to Darsenas Metro: Mendez Alvaro
Nestled away in a nook and cranny of the Estacion Sur de Autobuses building on the bus arrivals / departures platform. It is a cage with open shelves that can hold bags short term with sizes up to 30cm x 60cm.

The price is €1,25 a day for up to 45 days then bags considered forgotten / rejected.

You are given a ticket with a drop off date and number and must pay the attendant the total amount of days owed upon pick up.

Monday-Friday: 6:30AM - 11:30PM
Saturdays: 6:30AM - 3:00PM
www.spainstorage.com
Short & long term storage for your stuff in the center of Spain with optional pick up & delivery services.

#37295 - 03/03/04 12:02 PM Re: Luggage Storage
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Great information!! I wish I had had all that info BEFORE my trip!!

The lockers work great and make it easy to lighten your load for a few days. You show your passport to an agent, they give you a key, you put money in a machine which gives you a token to close the locker, they x-ray all your bags, you load your locker, and close it with the key. When you return, you show your key and pay any additinal fees, they use a special key to open your locker (if you have been there for more than one day), and you are on your way.

I used the locker near Terminal 2 because it is inside and on the way to/from the metro. You can even pull your little cart into the office and they often have them there for when you collect your items. It is easy and efficient.

#37296 - 03/06/04 12:24 PM Re: Luggage Storage
Madrid Insider Offline

Yes. If you need to store a few normal shaped things like Suitcases or packpacks the lockers at the airport or trainstation are best. If you need to save money or leave things that are a little too big or odd shaped for a locker the best place is the Metro Mendez Alvaro Bus station as they put things on shelves instead of lockers and allow longer term storage. The only problem with the storage facility at the Mendez Alvaro bus station is that they are a little bit harder to find and have a 30 to 45 day limit.
www.spainstorage.com
Short & long term storage for your stuff in the center of Spain with optional pick up & delivery services.

#37297 - 05/12/04 07:38 AM Re: Luggage Storage
rfol Offline

Loc: Ireland
I wonder is this information still up to date after Atocha or have left luggage centres been closed for security?

#37298 - 05/12/04 09:08 AM Re: Luggage Storage
Torrales Offline

A friend of mine has just told me one hour ago that he has arrived at Atocha station and has left his luggage at the lockers. Freshly updated information. smile

#37299 - 05/13/04 08:11 AM Re: Luggage Storage
almohada Offline

Cádiz has them. Two sizes. I think 2.50€ and 5.00€. An absolute Godsend. The large ones can fit two large roll-ons and then some.

#37300 - 05/14/04 01:37 AM Re: Luggage Storage
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
One more....what about Estacion Sur de Autobuses? I looked on their website but did not find anything about lockers. Does anyone know if there are some there? I am interested in doing an overnight in Toledo. It's sounding like the bus is more convenient than the train with the work being done on the train line, it would be nice to leave the big bag behind for the day and take just enough for over night. If not, I'm sure I could leave it at Atocha on the way to the bus station.

Thanks!
Diana

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments