Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#37274 - 01/11/01 05:47 PM Safety and Security
pais2 Offline

In response to the one couple who had a terrible time in Madrid...
I share in your pain, feel and understand your grief that your trip to Spain and in particular "Madrid" was not enjoyable. You have to understand that because of 'your' experience in Madrid, this wouldn't happen to another. Madrid and Spain are the not the only countries that have these problems. Every traveller has to take some responsibility in ensuring their own personal safety. Don't wear expensive jewerly, or make yourself look that you are of high value. I went on a trip to Rio de Janiero, Brazil and took every precaution and I made out great. I had a wonderful time and understood my responsibilites for my personal safety. I am not saying that you didn't but just take that extra precaution and don't get yourself caught in groups of people or flaunt anything of value. DRESS DOWN! in other words......Again sorry to hear of your misfortune...

Alittle mistake on last message.....I said Madrid and Spain are not the only countries...

I meant to say Madrid and Spain are not the only City and Country......Sorry little slip on the fingers....
Take care...

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-12-2001).]

#37275 - 01/15/01 03:40 PM Re: Safety and Security
chpdx1 Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon, USA
I totally agree, and it doesn't matter if you are on vacation or at home. I always am aware of my surroundings and who is around me. I keep my wallet in my front pocket and am not afraid to speak up if I feel threatened. I had an unfortunate incident happen in Poland, but I still loved the trip and learned from my part in the experience. All the best.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments