Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37221 - 11/09/00 01:12 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
I LOVE this site!!!

#37222 - 11/09/00 05:35 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Oh Nicole, aren't you a cheeky monkey!!

As for groups of drunken men being dangerous wherever you go, that's about right. The whole mob mentality thing kicks in, and people who are normally cowards all of a sudden find "pelotas of brass" to do stupid things.

However, go to a game and enjoy it. You can usually feel a certain energy in the air at most games, and you just gotta ride this vibe. If you're Brazilian, you'll know what I'm talking about!! Plus if you know to run away when someone starts kicking you, you will have no problems wherever you go!!

#37223 - 11/09/00 08:28 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
tee hee hee

#37224 - 11/10/00 04:28 AM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Ana.

I think that the situation is different in Spain (Madrid). You will find a lot more women in soccer stadiums, only 98% of people are men ... Seriously though, about 70% of men. You even will see whole families watching the game and eating their "bocadillos" in the half-time.

As for the "drunken men", they are (almost) ONLY in the Ultra section, but not the whole stadium is drunk...!!

The prices for a Real Madrid match at Santiago Bernabéu in "La Liga" will range (aprox.) from 3,000 to 12,000 pesetas. In Champions League, it will be more expensive.

For an Atlético de Madrid match, the prices will be a lot cheaper, because they ... (muy bueno, CaliBasco ). Well, leave the poor Atlético fans alone with their Second (and still getting down...) Division.

Saludos.

#37225 - 11/10/00 10:33 AM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
Ana Offline

Loc: Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil
I do want to go a Real Madrid match and support them because I really like the soccer player Sávio, who played for my team in Brazil (Flamengo). The tickets here can go from 500 to 100000 pesetas, but i´m knew i was going to pay more in Spain. That´s fear since the teams have better players.

#37226 - 11/10/00 12:11 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Francisco-

Is the irony lost on you that Rayo Vallecano has a primera and Atlético is segunda? HAHAAAHAA Atleti! When I saw Atlético take the dump to second I was laughing!

#37227 - 11/10/00 12:36 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
You will enjoy it Ana, that's for sure and with Real Madrid losing all the time these days as well there will be loads of tickets available! Ha! Ha! It will soon be like at Atletico Madrid, where if you ring the ground and ask them what time the game starts, they will ask you "What time can you get here?"

I mustn't joke because my team Malaga CF are not exactly winning too many trophies. But anyway, violence is much, much rarer here than in my native England. Football in Spain is great!

#37228 - 11/13/00 07:13 AM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
In spite of the sad situation of Atlético de Madrid, they have very great supporters. In fact, this year they have broken his own record with the number of "abonados" (subscribers?), with 40,000 people paying for the whole season games.

BTW, I have a joke (it only makes sense in Spanish, sorry):

- ¿Sabes por qué al Atlético de Madrid le llaman el Disc Jockey?
- Porque descansa entre semana y pincha los domingos.

Hint: "pinchar" with the meaning of:
1. to play music
2. to fail, to lose games

Saludos.

#37229 - 11/13/00 04:29 PM Re: soccer (Safety-Madrid)
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Francisco- Good joke!

In America, an "abonado" is called a "season-ticket holder". I like the shorter Spanish word better. For many teams, an "abonado" could also be a synonym for "sucker" (¿engañado?).

I remember a "refrán" that I found on a keychain years ago with a pig from el Barça and one from Real Madrid (in a vulgar position) which said "Ahora con Felipe y antes con Franco, siempre te estaré dando." It was a little vulgar, but it was a good introduction into how much those aficionados de Madrid HATE their Barça counterparts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments