Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3696 - 01/12/05 03:32 PM hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
tingtong Offline

hi,

We are planning to go to spain from 15 to 26th of March 2005. We will be in Sevilla on 18th and 19th march. We just found out that their holyweekd starts on 20th march this time. We are 7 people and i am really having hardtime finding hotelroom [1 triple and 1 for 4 people] prices are almost double.

Can anyone suggest where to stay
also I am not sure if the city and all attarction, local shops closes during this time or not. IT will be really helpful if someone can tell me about the situation on 2 days before start of holyweek.

thanks a lot.

#3697 - 01/18/05 10:43 AM Re: hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
The first real day of "Semana Santa" is Domingo de Ramos, the 20th. You will notice that many businesses will have abbreviated afternoon hours, as that is when processions begin their march. Everything will be closed on Thursday and Friday, which are national holidays, though for example there are always pharmacies that stay open, restaurants will also be open.

If you are dead set on doing the Seville Semana Santa, one possibility might be to stay somewhere in Dos Hermanas, though it can feel kind of far away from the action, it is the stop before Seville on the train line....and mroe likely to have rooms

#3698 - 01/22/05 09:28 PM Re: hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
stephb Offline

Loc: USA (NC)
Hi tingtong,
My family is going to be in Seville on March 18 and 19 also! I reserved rooms earlier this week at Hotel Maestranza ( http://www.hotel-maestranza.com/ ), we are a group of six and reserved a double room and a junior suite which has 2 bedrooms and a shared bath. I can't remember now where I heard about the hotel, I've done so much researching lately, but it was recommended so hopefully it will be ok...
StephB

#3699 - 01/27/05 05:54 AM Re: hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
Hip Priest Offline

Loc: Dublin
Hope you don´t mind me tagging along on this thread, I have a question about the week AFTER semana santa. Will it be difficult to find accommodation in Sevilla on the Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday etc after Holy week?

#3700 - 01/28/05 10:00 PM Re: hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
StephB:
I passed Hotel Maestranza last year during Holy Week when I was visiting. It was in a great location in El Arenal and looked like a cute, clean and friendly place. I tried to book a room (in September 2004) for Holy week this year and they were already sold out!

I think you'll find this a winner.

#3701 - 01/29/05 09:22 AM Re: hotels in sevilla 2 days before holyweek
stephb Offline

Loc: USA (NC)
CathyM,
Wow, I can't believe I lucked out and got rooms so close to Semana Santa - I guess being just on the outside of the actual Holy Week is what got us in. I just made our reservations about 2 weeks ago. We are checking out on the morning of Palm Sunday and hoped to see some processions that morning before leaving Sevilla but it looks like they don't start til later in the day...
StephB

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments