Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36932 - 01/31/08 11:28 PM weather late april-early may
lamar563 Offline

Loc: hillside, il
Hi all,
I plan on going to Madrid the last week of April thru the first week of May. What will the weather be like? Do I need to take a lightweight wool coat? Any info will be greatly appreciated!! thumbsup

#36933 - 02/01/08 08:05 AM Re: weather late april-early may
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
April May should be comfortable to warm, light jacket should do you fine. Chance it could be very warm so check a few days before arrving. Unlikely to be cold.

#36934 - 02/02/08 05:47 AM Re: weather late april-early may
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
This subject was covered very recently in another thread. The safest conclusion you could reach if you read the posts, is that no one really knows rolleyes

#36935 - 02/02/08 08:48 AM Re: weather late april-early may
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
While it can be warm - I say plan for cold... we were in Southern Spain in March and April last year and we FROZE ..... not literally.. but we had to go buy tons of warm weather clothes, jackets, and gloves... To be safe I would advise that you bring layers ..And that was down south where you would have thought we would be warmer...

#36936 - 02/05/08 06:23 AM Re: weather late april-early may
Madrid in May Offline

Loc: USA
We were there the SECOND week in May 2006, and it was in the 90s almost every day...but that was an out-of-the-ordinary heat wave.

Whenever we travel we delay our final packing decision till the day before we leave and after we see the 10-day forecast, since (as said by Jamongris above) no one really knows.

SS

#36937 - 02/12/08 02:40 AM Re: weather late april-early may
Anonymous
Unregistered

Weather in Madrid in late April can be very unpredictable.I remember being at the Plaza de Castilla on the northern end of town one late afternoon and that northerly wind was blowing in from the sierra.I was freezing my butt off even though I was wearing a jacket. eek

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments