Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3692 - 02/28/02 07:09 AM Hostal Gran Duque (Madrid)
Clareman Offline

Any info on this establishment? ( Hostal Gran Duque ) What are the risks of sending Visa Card details by fax? Are all hostals open 24 hours? My flight gest in to Madrid at 10.30pm. What if it is late?
Could I be on the street all night? Would love some answers.

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3693 - 02/28/02 08:04 AM Re: Hostal Gran Duque (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Clareman! Welcom to the group!

Hostal Gran Duque is new to the internet so I'm guessing there aren't many (if any yet) reviews on it. If you stay here will you please come back to the message board and be the first to review it? Thanks!

Regarding sending credit card numbers via fax, I'd say it's safer than doing it by email anyway. Many many establishments require a credit card number in order to make reservations even if they don't happen to accept them as payment. It's more of a way to assure customers won't cancel without notice.

All hostels (called "hostales" in Spanish -- and NOT to be confused with the not-always-open-24hours Youth-Hostels) ARE open 24 hours just like hotels. As long as you have a reservation and THEY KNOW the time your flight arrives they'll assume you'll be in at around midnight, I'm guessing. If your flight is late, it's late. Whatchagonnado? wink Just be sure you have that reservation confirmed and that they know you'll be arriving at around midnight.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-28-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1645 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments