Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3689 - 02/27/02 01:18 PM 2 night special at Paradors-anyone with first-hand experience?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
In my upcoming trip to Galicia in April, I'll probably spend 3 nights in a Parador. I've read about a special where if you spend 2 or more nights in certain paradors you can have the room plus half board at a 20% reduction.

How does the "half board" part work? I assume half board means breakfast plus one other meal, lunch or dinner. Do you get a choice of either lunch or dinner or is it specific? Do you have a particular menu or set choices with this deal? Do you have to eat at a specific time or just anytime the restaurant is open?

So many questions..... smile I would love to enjoy this special but I also don't want to be tied down at a particular time of day as I plan to do day trips. With all of the great food in this region I'm debating if the special is worth it if my flexibility is limited.
rolleyes

#3690 - 04/14/02 08:14 AM Re: 2 night special at Paradors-anyone with first-hand experience?
Lynn Anderson Offline

Loc: Liverpool, England
I don't know when in April you are travelling - I hope this gets to yoy in time! I can recommend the two nights option. We went for dinner in the evenings. You can choose to eat a la carte or from a set menu ( the 20% applies to your whole bill provided you have brakfast and one other meal for the two days of your stay).

Most of the Paradors have specialties of the region on their set menus. A few of them do a "gastonomique" wich throws in an extra course and a taste of wine/sherry depending n where in Spain the Parador is located.

We have eaten is quite a few Paradors and never been dissappointed with the food. The discount represents really good value. I am sure you enjoy your stay - Which Parador are you going to?

regards

Lynn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1809 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments