Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#36794 - 06/02/06 12:19 PM Re: Madrid - Warm next week - what to wear?
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Palooka -
Tank tops always seem to be fine in the summer - it's the shorts that are a no-go -
enjoy!!!!

#36795 - 06/04/06 06:42 AM Re: Madrid - Warm next week - what to wear?
Rob in Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
If you want to be a local then wear jeans regardless of how warm it is, never cease to amaze me, I'll be out in shorts sandles and armless Tshrit and I'll see people wearing jeans and jackets out. Maybe they're used to heat I don't know but I rarely see people wearing shorts, tank tops yes, but shorts no.

A little aside Germany the fastion is 3/4 pants shorts are only for sports. Then its much cooler there.

#36796 - 06/14/06 08:08 AM Re: Madrid - Warm next week - what to wear?
Kitty Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
When I was a girl...
Back in 1975 women were told if we went into the streets wearing shorts we would be arrested. We were barely let out at night but never alone. I had wondered how much the "clothing issue" had evolved.

#36797 - 07/13/06 09:29 PM Re: Madrid - Warm next week - what to wear?
Madrid in May Offline

Loc: USA
Hi...we have returned (sorry about waiting so long to respond).

It was hot (record-breaking), but in Madrid with the narrow streets and dry air, it was not so bad.

The only day I wore shorts was the day of our day-trip to Toledo. It was VERY hot (high 90s). I carried a pair of long pants in a bag and put them on (right over my shorts) to enter the cathedral...then removed them upon exit.

All in all, it was a pleasant week, weather wise -- no rain problems.

#36798 - 07/14/06 08:00 AM Re: Madrid - Warm next week - what to wear?
France Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Canada
I was in Spain in May and it was very hot.....for fear of looking too touristy, I went with a skirt instead of shorts....I just dressed up a little bit more than I would here in Canada and it worked...no t-shirts, but nice feminine tops and accessories I find really help....as for my husband, he wore 3/4 capris and he fit right in! My Spanish friends wear that with a nice pair of Puma's and a sporty t-shirt and they fit right in!! Spaghetti straps are ok for women....just try and jazz it up a bit with jewelry......have fun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments