Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3670 - 03/05/02 09:39 PM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
Guapetona Offline

hi catalina!

as far as pamplona i personally recommend the ac hotel. it was gorgeous, great service, stocked minibar for free, and wonderful restaurant. its around 100 usd. ac pamplona
also, a great pub across the street..always packed called the "jumping jester"
have fun!! smile

#3671 - 03/10/02 11:24 PM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
I see so many great posts on this site and also seeing this hostal in the Lonely Planet, I made a reservation at the Hostal Dulcinea in January for two apartments for July. Sent my credit card and received my confirmation for two apartments. In February, more family decided to come to Spain and I tried to book another room. They informed me that they could not rent the apartments after May and that I did not have a reservation for apartments for July. I could get rooms without air conditioning for July. Is this the old "bait and switch?" Now I wonder if they were EVER going to tell me my apartments had been cancelled if I had not written to them. I will NOT be staying at the Hostal Dulcinea.

#3672 - 03/11/02 12:02 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! I'm sorry to hear of your experience with Hostal Dulcinea , sabalagirl. So they claimed you hadn't made a reservation for the 2 apartments, eh? frown And what was their response/reaction when you emailed them the confirmation they gave you for those 2 apartments for July??

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3673 - 03/11/02 12:18 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
sabalagirl Offline

The reply was slightly rude because I could not understand whether they were telling me I could not have any rooms or just one additional room.Oh, well there are other fish (hostals) in the sea(Madrid). I am reading old posts to find one.

#3674 - 03/11/02 06:05 AM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sabalagirl, copy their reply to you here and we'll translate it. Rudeness is a pretty subjective thing, especially cross-culturally and if you're not 100% sure what they're telling you because of the language barrier.

Hope you find something else! I'm sure you will. smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3675 - 03/11/02 11:39 PM Re: Madrid:Hotel Mora/Hostal Dulcinea
sabalagirl Offline

The reply from the Hostal Dulcinea was in English. I just thought it was not clear the first time and wanted to know if my first two rooms were canceled also. Now all my room are canceled.
Thanks any way

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1629 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments