Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36707 - 01/08/06 01:33 PM trying to pack....
shell2114 Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH
So, I'm getting ready to leave for Madrid. I will be there for 3 months and I leave on Wednesday, Jan. 11th. I'm having a hard time packing; I'm not exactly sure of the style in Madrid and also the weather and how it will change during my 3 month stay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
-Michelle

#36708 - 01/08/06 06:03 PM Re: trying to pack....
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
So we're talking about mid-January to mid-April. Well, first, pack half for winter (February is the month that Madrid gets its snow - if it snows) and so this month and next you'll need winter clothes and a good coat. For March and April you'll find it more springlike so a medium-weight jacket and a few sweaters should be fine too. As for style, you can leave your tennis shoes at home (unless you plan to go to the gym - although lots of people wear tennis shoes in everyday life but they're in the minority) but bring your comfortable leather walking shoes. Jeans for everyday are fine - make 'em tight, though, as that's the style.

Good luck to you and hopefully we'll see you at next month's tentatively planned "Party with MadridMan in Madrid!" gathering.

Saludos, MadridMan (I lived in Columbus until about 10 days ago)

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36709 - 01/10/06 12:07 PM Re: trying to pack....
hawaiianbelle Offline

Loc: New York
MadridMan, where did you move to???

#36710 - 01/10/06 04:06 PM Re: trying to pack....
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
hawaiianbelle, I moved to Madrid almost a couple weeks ago - and loving every minute of it so far! thumbsup

Happy Packing! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36711 - 01/10/06 07:56 PM Re: trying to pack....
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Shell,

I was there from February-July of 2005 and found that my most used item of clothing I brought was a thin, lined trench-style coat (ended above my knees). I got mine at Old Navy for about $40-ish, and loved it. It was warm enough (with a sweater underneath) for the so-called "winter" that I experienced in Madrid, but was still stylish and didn't set me apart from the locals. (this Wisconsin girl LOVED seeing the Madrilenos freak out at a few flakes of snow! smile )

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments