Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#36700 - 03/06/06 06:02 PM Re: Exchanging Dollars to Euro
tennisbum Offline

Loc: Scottsdale Arizona
Thanks everyone for your help on this one. I guess I will just bite the bullet and pay the $5 each time. I just hate fees !!! My bank allows $1500 withdrawal every 24 hours, so that is nice. So now it will be limited on the withdrawal amount of the ATM. MadridMan, have a great 2 weeks in Barcelona!!

#36701 - 03/06/06 11:02 PM Re: Exchanging Dollars to Euro
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Be aware you guys!! I used Caja Madrid bank and they didn't charge me,and my bank statements didn't show any charges until about 2-3 months later ($3/each time...even just to check my balance. I ended up with a delayed bill of about $45..not too much, but still a $45 fee).
Could just be my bank (Washington Mutual). Credit unions have a lower fee(around $1.50).
Good luck, have fun!!

#36702 - 03/07/06 09:03 AM Re: Exchanging Dollars to Euro
CascadaDuSel Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL (sometimes Madrid - ...
Does anyone know of a credit card company that doesnt charge a fee for foreign currencies... Mine never used to and apparently started because my last trip I had 300 $ in fees for paying for my rental car and hotel and things.. I read in one of the travel magazines that there was a company (could it have been chase maybe? ) That didnt charge an exhange fee for foreign currency transaction but now I cant find that magzine article and I was wondering if anyone had any leads? Thanks

#36703 - 03/07/06 06:03 PM Re: Exchanging Dollars to Euro
tennisbum Offline

Loc: Scottsdale Arizona
My American Express card ( from Costco- no annual fee) does not charge a fee, but not that many places will take it. My Visa and Master Cards all charge 3% fee, no minimum and no maximum charge.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments