Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#36646 - 03/03/06 06:32 PM Re: When Do You Pack?
eltorero Offline

Night before

#36647 - 03/11/06 01:01 AM Re: When Do You Pack?
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Anytime I think of something, I throw it in the "stuff for Spain" drawer. But clothes-wise, I pack late the night before.

#36648 - 03/16/06 06:24 PM Re: When Do You Pack?
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
I am a big procrasinator. So I actually pack in the hours before I leave. Since international flights leave Chicago around 5 p.m., the day of I am up at 9 a.m., watch Oprah while I make a list of what I need to bring, have lunch, then it's a race against the clock with my heart beating fast until the moment I sit myself down at the departure gate. It's harrowing, but I haven't been able to do it any other way.

My friends make fun and always call me to ask if I'm doing laundry at 4 a.m. the night before the flight.

#36649 - 03/18/06 01:48 AM Re: When Do You Pack?
La Artista Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Any important advice on Must-Haves for a semester in Granada? I'll have one LARGE rolling suitcase, a large backpack, and a smaller weekend-size backpack. I'd like to know what to leave out! I'd like to not have to shop a lot there, I want to spend my money on side-trips during our 3-day weekends.

#36650 - 03/27/06 02:10 PM Re: When Do You Pack?
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
I travel for 5 weeks sept-oct, I used to take hand luggage only, But because I always take my SA Knife,manicure stuff etc. I have to check bags in.
So now I pack all my clothes in my maximum size Carry rollalong/Rucksac bag, which in turn is packed inside my Rollalong Samsonite case. I use a Courier style shoulder bag for hand luggage.
On the return Journey the Courier bag(folded) goes in the Samsonite and the Rucksac becomes hand luggage. Thus allowing plenty of room for those bargains!!! I check in about 8k on way out and about 16k on return.
As for clothes, I have a "travel wardrobe", that I always take,colour base is Black & Gold.4/5 tops,2 skirts and 2 light silky trousers. 1 pr gold sandals,swimwear & 2 Sarongs. This gives the opportunity to make up several outfits. I wear trekking Flip flops and trousers with zip off bottoms for any journeys.I wash clothes as I travel. Nothing I take needs ironing.
() / ()

#36651 - 04/06/06 04:33 PM Re: When Do You Pack?
seabree Offline

Loc: West Texas, USA
I am one who leaves the bags mostly packed. I am constantly in a state of packing/unpacking because I travel so much. If I need to buy something new for my trip I never buy it before I go, I wait until I get over. I do agree about taking your own OTC meds, they are much more expensive in Europe. After so many trips, I know what is much cheaper to take and what I can just buy over there.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2375 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments