Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#36608 - 07/20/05 01:44 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
smile smile ha ha ..chica actually saved toilet paper from a trip as a keepsake........... oooooh brother.... that's rich smile smile

#36609 - 07/20/05 04:32 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hey TJ guy.. I was 16 at the time, what could you expect?! I saved EVERYTING from that trip! A drink stirrer from VIPs, menus, stubs to museums and movies. You name it, it's in my scrapbook! laugh

#36610 - 07/25/05 12:07 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
now that you are an older, worldier woman, do we want to know what you now put in your scrapbooks??? wink iiiiickk

#36611 - 07/25/05 12:29 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
LOL! laugh laugh laugh

#36612 - 07/28/05 02:05 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
oooohhh TJGuy... you are asking a very dangerous question! laugh

#36613 - 08/01/05 06:17 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
deedip Offline

Loc: chicago
never underestimate the power of a roll of TP. true stories: my dad was living/working in bangladesh back in the middle '80s. the area where he lived was threatened by flooding of biblical proportions. everybody ran to the store to stock up on essentials like food and water. not my dad though, he went for every available roll of TP. for the duration of the flood and aftermath he cheerfully exchanged TP for things like chocolate, pop and oh yeah... food and water. he learned this trick in jamaica in 1969 when the island's only toilet paper factory burned down. a family of 6 can flush a lot of paper down the john so as soon as he heard about the "tragedy" he went out and bought cases of the local TP in order to avoid having to pay the huge duty on the imported stuff. when we moved back to the states a year later the TP came with us. my dad passed away a couple of years ago but we still laugh about him and his relationship with bathroom tissue...

#36614 - 08/02/05 11:07 AM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
deedip, sometimes it's the basic things that keep our survival going, isn't. Whether it be toilet paper or drinking water, it doesn't matter. I guess it's a wise man or woman who has the forethought to figure out ahead of time what might be needed and act upon it.

Your father sounds as if he were just such a person. You were lucky to have had such a person in your life.

#36615 - 08/04/05 08:55 AM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Raquel_dup1 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I found toilet paper to be some what of an issues too, although for a completely different reason!!! I HIGHLY recommend that on evenings when you are heading to bars that you bring a small package of tissues. Especially for women, the bathrooms ran out of toilet paper almost immediately!! Many of the local supermarkets sell these small packages of tissues for really cheap!!

#36616 - 08/06/05 03:05 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Spanadian Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi Chele,

Thought I'd help you out here. I live in Spain and have been using Spanish bathroom tissue for about 3 years and I can assure you I am intimately familiar with it. You can get 3 or 4 ply bathroom tissue in just about any grocery store or stores that sell household products without any problem. Just like back home in North America. One brand is called "Scottex", ring any bells? Another brand is called "foxy" (or something like that) and isn't too bad. There's another comfortable brand for delicate tushies called "Colhogar". Anyway in my HO it would be silly to waste any packing space on bathroom tissue. Bathroom tissue is not an issue.

As a reasonably well travelled Canadian I can also tell you that hotel bathroom tissue, in any country, can be a "crap" shoot (sorry couldn't resist wink . Sometimes you get good, sometimes you get bad and US hotels are certainly no exception to that rule.

Now if you were asking about those horrible waxy "napkin" paper you get in tapas bars here...somebody should really do something about those.

Spanadian

#36617 - 08/08/05 04:11 PM Re: Bathroom Tissue
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Raquel ~ Thanks for the heads up! I always carry a little packet of tissues with me and can use those in almost any "emergency" situation. Can't speak for my boyfriend on that - he's on his own! smile

Spanadian ~ Thank you for your experience. I think I've managed to dissuade him from packing any rolls, but who knows? We do not live together, so I'm not quite sure what will be found when he opens his suitcase. I've simply resolved myself to the fact that he's a grown man and he can use his packing space however he chooses. All I know is that it's going to be very interesting when we get to Spain!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments