Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36557 - 06/08/05 02:08 PM Clothing For Late Sept/Early Oct
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Actually, I'm looking more for confirmation of what I think might be correct. I've just read through a bunch of posts on this topic on here but some of the answers were a little confusing/conflicting, so I'm just trying to get clarification.

We will be in Spain September 19 - October 6 of this year, and we will be traveling via car through a total of 4 regions. (Madrid, Extremadura, Andalucia, La Mancha) I'm trying to think ahead to what I might need to pack clothing-wise to see if I need to buy new stuff. I have checked the temperature tables and such, but they normally cover a whole month and if Spain is anything like Southern California, those temps can vary! So...

I'm thinking the weather will mainly be warm to hot. Would that be a good guess? I'm also thinking the evenings might have a chance of getting cool? I also read on here that there is a greater chance of rain in the beginning of Oct. Is that true? I'm planning a wardrobe that is geared toward warmer weather, but with a long-sleeved shirt, a light jacket (that does double duty as a rain coat), and a nicer sweater for evening thrown in. And, as always, I will be taking my umbrella with me! Is this a pretty safe bet? I don't like to buy clothes on vacation in other countries because sizing can be such a problem.

Also, I will be traveling with my boyfriend who typically lives in jeans and jean shorts. I know the jeans will be heavier, but it's his suitcase! Any tips I can pass along to a guy? Specifically looking for evenings, if we should decide on a nicer restaurant. He doesn't own a sport coat or even a tie! Can he get by with a nice pair of slacks and a dress shirt?

(Yes, I'm know...I am a self-admitted sufferer of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder, but any advice/suggestions/comments are sincerely appreciated!)

#36558 - 06/09/05 11:10 AM Re: Clothing For Late Sept/Early Oct
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Chele, I think you did a pretty good job searching for info on the subject already!! It's actually really hard trying to predict what kind of weather we could have on late september and the beginning of October. It does vary a lot, and you can go from 15-20ºC to more than 30ºC in just one day. Actually, we say there is always a "veranillo de San Miguel" (small summer of San Miguel) by the end of September.

Jeans will be ok. You could get some rain, but usually not that much. It does get colder at night in Madrid, but normally it's still pretty nice in Andalucia by then.

#36559 - 06/09/05 01:19 PM Re: Clothing For Late Sept/Early Oct
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
There's often a wet spell in Mid-October in Madrid (I've witnessed this a couple of times) when the heavens come down. Hopefully you'll have left long before this.

#36560 - 06/09/05 10:56 PM Re: Clothing For Late Sept/Early Oct
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Chele,two years ago I went to Madrid during the same time frame that you are planning to go.To be exact,I was there from Sept16 to Oct2.I brought with me a leather jacket and a couple of long sleeve shirts thinking that there might be some cool weather at night.Well,I never used them,all they did was make my suitcase heavier and take up space.As for rain,not even a drop.To sum it all up, the weather was absolutely perfect.Warm,sunny and dry just like we are used to here in Southern Cal. smile

#36561 - 06/13/05 06:43 PM Re: Clothing For Late Sept/Early Oct
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
Thanks for the responses! Sorry I didn't get back before now, but was under the weather all weekend.

JasMadrid ~ There is so much information on these boards, I'm finding I can usually find the answer I need without asking the question, but thank you! And thank you for confirming what I had thought. Sounds as if we've picked a good time of year to visit.

Filbert ~ we will (sadly) be gone from Spain by the middle of October, so we will be missing the rain I presume.

El Marques ~ Ah, another Southern Californian! I hadn't even thought of taking my leather jacket - the darn thing is just too heavy! Thanks for the confirmation regarding the weather. I feel better knowing I'm heading in the right direction. And I always bring my umbrella, and it has long been a standing joke with my family friends. I guess I'm like a boy scout - always prepared. Thankfully, mine is very small and very lightweight.

Agains, thanks all!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments