Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#36544 - 05/26/05 08:39 AM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
oh my god - forgot all about this discussion - LOL
http://www.madridman.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000079&p=

Think it was visions of numrerous board members in speedos let alone the some of the other comments -

And, please do leave white socks - and any socks with sandals - at home ..... laugh laugh laugh

#36545 - 05/27/05 04:46 AM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
albert Offline

Loc: madrid
There are quite a number of nice "good value" brands popping up everywhere. One of my favorite is Massimo Dutti. You can also find some cheap buys at Springfield, and if you have a chance to visit the suburbs, you'll find that there are a number of brand outlets becoming popular too.

#36546 - 05/27/05 05:54 AM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If you plan on walking in Sevilla, try to find a pair of lightweight cork-soled sandals (w/thick cork soles). They could save you from getting the soles of your feet burned: the pavement gets very hot!

#36547 - 05/29/05 06:07 PM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
BeatleGirl518 Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I was in Madrid during April, and most guys I saw wore black or tan pants with button down shirts. Because it was unusually cold, they wore jackets as well, but you shouldn't have that problem...When I was in southern Spain last summer, I didn't notice many shorts or tank tops on guys. Usually khaki pants with dressy t-shirts. Have fun!

#36548 - 06/16/05 04:16 PM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
maestroyaron Offline

I just came back from 9 days in Spain. My first and foremost advice would have to do with shoes. If you are planning to walk a lot (which I think is the best way to get to know any place you to go) make sure to wear solid shoes with a good, thick sole. This is important because you will be walking on lots and lots of cobblestones of various sizes in most of the older neighborhoods and tourist attractions outside madrid. After 4 days of walking on cobblestones with my sandles I was starting to curse at them - they really wear down the bottom of your feet.

Yaron

#36549 - 06/30/05 04:01 PM Re: what shoes and clothes to wear in Southern Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Just stay away from any store that says "Todo por 0,99 euros" or anything similar on the outside. laugh

Years ago I like Cortefiel, but frankly I don't even know if they're still as big [or even in business!] as they used to be.

Regarding shoes, do they still sell "Paredes" there? I remember all the little Hessian kids getting them. They must've made a mint in Barakaldo alone.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments