Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3644 - 02/21/02 12:50 PM Parador/Hostal res. request time
rainspooner Offline

Loc: Phoenix
What is a reasonable amount of time to wait to get a reply to a request for a reservation at a Parador and hostal?

I made two reservation requests (via email) on Monday to Hostal Corbero (in Madrid) and the Parador de Jaen on Monday and have not heard back. It's now Thursday. I included my Mastercard number and all important info.

If they're full for the requested dates, do they just not bother to reply? Any advice?

Muchas Gracias

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3645 - 02/22/02 09:47 AM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
It took about 3-4 business days for me to get information back via email from the paradors last September. They were very professional and did send notification if there were not vacancies.

#3646 - 02/22/02 10:15 AM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
rainspooner Offline

Thanks for the feedback. I sent a follow up email to the Spainish Tourism office in LA this morning, to see if they knew anything.

#3647 - 02/22/02 10:57 AM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
rainspooner: Don't hold your breath, or you'll be blue in the face like me eek. I sent a reservation request over a month ago, right off www.parador.es for the Santiago parador, and have yet to hear back from them...of course that blue face will shortly be turning to red... mad

#3648 - 02/22/02 11:14 AM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
rainspooner Offline

CaliBasco: Yeah, my request was submmitted on their slick internet booking form off of parador.es too!

A month! That's ridiculous. A week (maybe) is ok, (not fun, but ok) to get back to a potential customer. I wonder if they just do business on a much slower pace in Espana?

I'd be kinda worried about the unknown fate of my credit card number after a month.

#3649 - 02/22/02 03:48 PM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I almost feel weird bringing some good news about the parador reservation system. Last year sometime, I made reservations for 2 paradors, the Gibralfaro in Malaga and the Castillo de Santa Catalina in Jaen , and on both occasions, I received a reply within 2 business days. The reply came in the form of a MS Word doc file, confirming the dates and the rate. Just like everybody else, I used the website to make the reservation.

Also, when I first made the reservation, I did not give a CC number. The confirmation email stated that the room was available on those dates but to guarantee the room, a CC number was required. I then called the number on Word file and gave them my CC number.

[ 02-22-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3650 - 02/22/02 09:38 PM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Well Rainspooner,
I may have to eat my words from my prior post. I just submitted the reservation form for 2 parador stays in the beginning of April. I'll keep you updated as to when I get my reply. wink

#3651 - 02/26/02 12:33 PM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Did you ever hear from the Paradors? I sent in a request on Friday evening and had a response when I got in to work this morning (Tuesday). I received one confirmation and one parador was fully booked (Santiago, with only 5 weeks notice I expected this). frown

#3652 - 02/26/02 03:40 PM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
rainspooner Offline

Cathy,

Thanks for asking. No, I still haven't received a response. However, I did get a response from the Spanish Tourism Office in LA and they gave me an 800#. I called that number and the Parador de Jaen could only accomadate me for one of the two nights I wanted in May.

I guess I'll plan on staying/going to some other place in the area. Maybe Baeza or Ubeda. Who knows? Maybe I'll "wing it" those two nights and stumble across some some place even more special than the Parador!

#3653 - 03/07/02 11:23 AM Re: Parador/Hostal res. request time
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
I'm still waiting for the parador in Santiago to get back to me. Gracias por su mucho prompt reply. Going on three months now..............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments