Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36414 - 01/27/05 11:57 AM Packing for the weather in Madrid!
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Ok, so I'm beginning to reach panic mode because I'm leaving for Madrid on Tuesday!!

I've heard that there's been some snow recently across much of the country, but after checking weather.com, I see that Madrid is going to be in the mid-50's F. by the end of next week. I've been trying to avoid taking my heavy winter coat simply because it's rather bulky (and it's dirty and I don't want to get it dry cleand before I go :p ). I was planning to take a zip-front fleece coat and then a black button front coat (similar to a pea coat, but it's not wool). Do you think this will be ok? I'm taking long sleeve shirts and some sweaters, but I'm trying to avoid taking too much winter-style clothing since the majority of the time I'll be there (until July) the weather will hopefully be warmer.

If anyone can help me with any advice, in addition to answering my question...it would be much-appreciated. And...keep in mind that I'm from Wisconsin, so I tend to have a higher tolerance for cold than some other Americans laugh

Muchas Gracias!!

#36415 - 01/27/05 12:51 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Before leaving on Tuesday, be sure to check out the 5-day forecast for Madrid on MadridMan\'s Madrid Weather page to help you decide what to pack.

If it's projected to be in the 50sºF by the end of the week that probably means it'll be in the 30sºF at nighttime, the time you'll be at the concert, right? For that, just wear a sweater because I imagine you'll be taking a taxi TO/FROM the venue so time standing outside will/should be minimal.

That/Those which you plan to take above sound to be perfect. You're from Wisconsin. I'm sure it'll be LESS THAN SHOCKING for you. In fact, you might even find it "warm" at 35ºF. hehehe.. wink

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#36416 - 01/27/05 01:52 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Hehe...MM, I'm glad you've taken such an interest in the concert I (might) be going to, but it's not until March 21!! I'm hoping it'll be at least a wee bit warmer by then since it's still almost 2 months away smile

I'm actually moving to Madrid to study for a semester at ICADE (Part of the Universidad Pontificia Comillas). Thanks for your answer to my post (and also for all the other info on this site...my roommate and I are looking forward to staying at Hostal Chelo when we arrive smile )

#36417 - 01/27/05 04:42 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
deirdrefcrc Offline

Loc: NYC
interesting! I studied at ICADE a few years ago. Part of the international program. What a blast you're going to have. are you doing the spanish immersion course? one professor there that was so great was Maria Antonía. I can't think of a nicer Spaniard.

#36418 - 01/29/05 07:59 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
tam12 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Glad to hear the about the weather as I am trying to figure out what to take as well. But being from Wisconsin like MSE924 te 50's will be fine and as MM said even the 30's will be warm but that's what were supposed to have next week. Just that we won't have to wear our boots etc for snow and ice.

#36419 - 01/31/05 11:46 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
ChrisS Offline

Loc: EE.UU.
Wow, by march it should be fantastic. I was disheartened when I heard about the snow because I'm leaving for a little vacation in two days but since being from Minnesota and having borne the brunt of jokes made by the national media as to how cold it is here...Madrid will feel like summer. Any diehard guiris ( y espanoles claro quien quiere juerga buscame en alonso martinez, sweet (plza santa ana) o el bar de hip hop comedia (sol/santa ana) soy rubio con barba completa.....al sol chicos!!!!

#36420 - 02/01/05 11:35 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
tam12 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
ChrisS,
Being from MN (and WI too) in winter deserves a badge of courage, especially if one is from Tower or Embarass(sp?)or anywhere in the Atrowhead or on the Range.(I lived in Embarras as a kid, but was too young to know how cold -50F really was). Hopefully, there won't be any rain or snow in Madrid when we get there in March.
I'm still trying to figure out what to take for jacket/coat.
tam12

#36421 - 02/14/05 05:26 AM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
Lena Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hola, everyone!

I am coming to Madrid for a week of March 12-19. Any suggestions what the weather may be at that time?

#36422 - 02/14/05 05:32 AM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
It's soooo dificult to predict that... march is a very unpredictable month. Last year it was chilly and snowy, other years it's hot...
I WANT it to be cool and rainy, we need it. I'm sorry if that does not match your needs, but we need a LOT of rain soon.
The average? what has been said, highs around 10ºC and lows around 2ºC, and some rain.

#36423 - 02/14/05 11:14 PM Re: Packing for the weather in Madrid!
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I was in Madrid late-November through early-December. My advice for preparing for the weather there is to think in terms of "layers". I would bring several items of overwear none of which is too bulky. That way you can be prepared for any extremes of weather from unusually cold to unexpectedly mild. Fleece jackets or sweatshirts are great items to have with you in Madrid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1885 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments