Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3638 - 02/21/02 07:18 AM "dorm-style" in Madrid?
nao Offline

Hi there!
I've been reading through so many websites trying to find some accommodation in Madrid....but there are so many choices! What I really want is dorm style accommodation as I'll be travelling alone and I think it's a great way to meet people. Anyone have any info on this kind of place? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks confused

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3639 - 02/21/02 08:37 AM Re: "dorm-style" in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello nao! Welcome to the group!

You might very well meet more travelers at dorm-style accomodations, like youth-hostels (called "albergue juveniles" in Spanish). Madrid has a couple of youth-hostels (one inside the city and one outside). Use the SEARCH link above/right and type YOUTH HOSTEL MADRID as your keywords and you'll find those previous postings.

Good luck and have a wonderful time in Madrid and throughout Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3640 - 02/27/02 07:25 AM Re: "dorm-style" in Madrid?
Lesley Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi Nao,
There is a dorm style hostel at metro stop OPERA called Los Amigos just over the Burger King, but you enter from the street to the left (forgot the name, but itīs on the website)for 15 euros a night ( www.losamigoshostel.com ). Itīs not clearly sign posted, but if you get the number to the building and the street, youīll have no problemas! Apparently you can store your bags there too for 8 euros even if youīre not staying there.
Good luck,
Lesley

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3641 - 02/27/02 07:59 AM Re: "dorm-style" in Madrid?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for that info, Lesley! Sounds like you know quite a lot about it. Have you stayed here before??

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3642 - 02/27/02 01:13 PM Re: "dorm-style" in Madrid?
Lesley Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi MM,
Well, UNFORTUNATELY, I know a lot about the hostels in Madrid because Iīve been looking for an apartment for the past 2 weeks without a place to stay, trying to get the cheapest place available!! eek And Iīve found some recommendable places, and places you probably couldnīt pay anybody to stay in laugh ! Funny after all, but tomorrow I move into an apartment! Tonight Iīm in the same hostel as last night, Hostel Fontaine, Just next to metro Gran Via, a double with bathroom en suite for 36 euros!! Not bad. Iīd recommend this place too! As far as Los Amigos, I havenīt stayed there just because I didnīt want to sleep in a dorm style room (which they are only 6 people dorms) That is the only dorm style hostel that I know of.
Anyway, hope I can help!
Lesley

#3643 - 03/07/02 08:01 AM Re: "dorm-style" in Madrid?
carleen Offline

Loc: California
Hi Nao:
We're in Madrid right now, just got here yesterday. We stayed last night at Los Amigos Backpackerīs hostel. They have about 6 rooms, with 3 bunkbeds (6 people) in each room. There are lockers to store your stuff in, but you must supply your own lock or rent one. They also charge for towels, but I think it is only 2 Euros. The special right now is 15 Euros per night, plus a 5 Euro deposit for a sleepsheet. The place is very clean and the people are nice. I donīt like having to lock up my stuff all the time, so we will probably get our own place soon, since there are 2 of us, and it is just as economical to have a private room. But if you are looking to meet other travellers, Los Amigos is really good. There is a common room with tables and books and a TV where people hang out. They also provide complimentary breakfast (which is just bread, jam, and instant coffee.) It is nicely located though, close to Sol and right by the International Bookstore and lots of restaurants.
The showers always have hot water, and they seem clean, but I recommend bringing flip-flops, since they are shared showers.
Let me know if you have any other questions about the place.
Carleen

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments