Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#36342 - 01/02/05 03:53 PM denim & khaki
DJC Offline

Loc: Texas
Denim & khaki are accepted here in Texas for almost anyplace for men or women, even with ties and heavy jewelry. Are they accepted in Spain for non-formal wear? Would it be rude to wear them into a cathedral?

#36343 - 01/02/05 07:24 PM Re: denim & khaki
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
I wore Levis all over Spain last year the only thing that was said was "Gracias senior" when I paid my check, or hotel bill. cool cool

#36344 - 01/03/05 11:04 AM Re: denim & khaki
VannieNY Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
LAdies of the board-need help! i wear jeans like 24/7 but i get dressed up when i go out. anyway are girly jeans aceptable in a club or does it depend on the club? i mean i'll bring both jeans, dreses and skirts anyway. oh and i like to wear short skirts but should i leave them at home?

#36345 - 01/03/05 11:12 PM Re: denim & khaki
desert dweller Offline

Vannie: Post some pictures of you in the shorts skirts and we will give you our unbiased opinion. laugh laugh laugh wink

#36346 - 01/03/05 11:59 PM Re: denim & khaki
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
If you like to dress up to go out, you definitely should in Spain, you'll fit right in. Spanish ladies of all ages like to dress well to go out.

#36347 - 01/04/05 11:06 AM Re: denim & khaki
VannieNY Offline

desert dweller-yeah, i'll post some pics right away! :p
thanks aidance! laugh

#36348 - 01/04/05 07:10 PM Re: denim & khaki
desert dweller Offline

Well I thought it was a good idea. smile I would be willing to give some honest and constructive critisism. laugh After all what else would you expect from a 52 year old American male. cool

#36349 - 01/05/05 02:55 PM Re: denim & khaki
VannieNY Offline

LMMFAO! (my own creation), lol laugh laugh

#36350 - 01/05/05 04:12 PM Re: denim & khaki
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Spanish women, one may safely generalize, are elegant women. My 16 year old son made the comment to me that what he liked about Spanish girls and women was that they were always nicely dressed.I asked him to explain and he responded that they never looked like they came out of a Cabelas catalog, or out of a Unisex store.

They do wear jeans, but, if they do, you can bet that they are very tight and it complements their looks. That is the key to their fashion arsenal. They wear items that make them look fantastic, or they do not wear them at all.

They dress up the top with a scarf. Impossibly high heels are often worn by the younger women.

The one item you must carry are scarfs, this is the most seen item in the Spanish woman's arsenal of looking elegant. You will fit right in anywhere with the right scarf!

Booklady

#36351 - 01/06/05 12:29 AM Re: denim & khaki
desert dweller Offline

And JUST what is wrong with Cebals? I agree with you and your son Booklady the Spanish women do get dressed just to go to the corner pharmacy. That is a sign of the times and an improved economy. When I was there in the early 70s some of them looked like they had been shot out of a cannon through a Good Will store. My wife commented that they always looked nice at any hour of the day or night, when we were there last year. cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments