Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#36178 - 04/12/04 12:47 PM Bringing home swords
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Has anyone recently brought back swords to the US? I would love to bring one back for my son, and know better than trying to carry it on. Am I better off packing it in checked luggage(and declaring it) or is it worth the hassle to have it shipped?

Previous threads have mentioned availability of swords in stores in Toledo, but does anyone know of shops in Madrid that carry them?

#36179 - 04/12/04 03:13 PM Re: Bringing home swords
aarni Offline

Loc: Madrid
I had some friends over from the States recently and they wanted to create a little 'Spanish corner' in their house. There is an excellent shop on the Paseo del Prado, opposite the museum and they have all the business, even though it's all from Toledo it's actually cheaper. As for taking it (them, they bought loads) home, they were worried, but nothing happened. It was all packed up and checked in.

#36180 - 04/12/04 05:58 PM Re: Bringing home swords
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I recently returned home with a group of students some of whom had bought (large) swords in Toledo. They had no problems bringing them into the US. They were packed and checked in (and declared). Hope that helps... smile

#36181 - 04/13/04 01:42 PM Re: Bringing home swords
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Thanks for the reassurances! My 12yr old son has his heart set on a sword but my hubby was concerned about bringing one home. Hopefully I'll be able to find a nice one that will fit in my suitcase.

We will be starting our trip in Madrid, flying to BCN, flying to Sevilla, driving to Fuengirola and lastly flying from Malaga back to Madrid enroute to home. Daytrips to Cordoba, Granada and Ronda.

Aside from Madrid and Toledo, am I likely to find sword shops elsewhere so I don't have to lug it around from the beginning of our trip? Thanks for everyone's help!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments